Backhoe Backhoe for BX2200? Is there?

/ Backhoe for BX2200? Is there? #1  

KRECKER

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2200
I have been trying to find out if there is a backhoe attachment for the BX2200. My dealers says there is one, but can't show me anything about it. I do not want to buy one right now, but the Kubota site only shows a BH for the BX22. Hopefully I will take delivery of my new BX2200 FEL, 60"MMM and Box Blade this week.
Please let me know if there is a BH for the BX2200.

/ Backhoe for BX2200? Is there? #2  
Last I heard; no backhoe for the BX2200; have to buy a BX22 which comes with a backhoe.

/ Backhoe for BX2200? Is there? #3  
I made a CadPlans backhoe for my old Simplicity that I now use on my BX2200 and it works just fine. I'm in the process of converting it to a subframe mount using basically all the BX22 parts then modifying my 3-point mount on the backhoe.

/ Backhoe for BX2200? Is there? #4  
There is a third party back hoe for the bx2200. It's 3pt mount and does not provide much clearence between the rops and BH. Sorry I can't remember the mfg., but if nobody else on the forum knows I'll check with the dealer.

/ Backhoe for BX2200? Is there?
I checked with the dealer this morning and he said that the
BX22 BH would fit the BX2200. He said that there was no difference between the BX22 and BX2200 except the BH is sold as a package with the BX22.
Anybody figure out if that is true?

tnks

Krecker

/ Backhoe for BX2200? Is there? #6  
No difference is a relative thing. The BX22 has an stiffened subframe to handle the hoe, the BX2200 does not. You may be able to add all the appropriate parts to a BX2200, and Kubota may eventually come out with a kit to do this. However, if you need the backhoe now, it's certainly going to be cheaper to by the BX22.

/ Backhoe for BX2200? Is there? #7  
KRECKER:

As mentioned, there are some large frame stringers that are added to the base '2200 frame. They run along both sides to nearly the front of the floor pan. They add severl hundred pounds of weight to the tractor, so you can guess how much steel there is in them. Also the rear hydraulics is not present on the '2200, and I don't remember if the top attach pins are part of the '2200 frame in the rear. I would doubt that a dealer would even be able to sell you a BX22 backhoe as a sale part, since it would not be considered a "spare" part.

My dealer strongly warned against adding a 3PH backhoe to a '2200 (I was looking at '2200 when the BX22 became available, bought the BX22 as a result. Also add on BH was around $ 5K, which was more than the price of the BX22). He said that they had had some customers use them, and the frame rigidity was not sufficient. He said that Kubota would not honor the warranty due to inappropiate use.

paul

/ Backhoe for BX2200? Is there? #8  
The dealer here in Maine doesn't even want to talk about adding a BH to my 2200. He did say that Woods is working on a BH design for the 2200 but he wasn't holding his breath.....sort of a I'll believe it when I see it!

/ Backhoe for BX2200? Is there? #9  
Adding a backhoe to a tractor that small is a touchy thing. Those of us with the little tractors are really pushing the envelope to have a BH at all, so it really isn't a good idea to cut corners. I could have bought a Kubota BH for mine but was told (and I'm a firm believer now) that the additional strength a subframe provides is almost neccessary.

I've got a reasonable amount of places where I have to dig through what is basically rock. It beats the $#%! out of the tractor sometimes and even with the subframe I sometimes wonder if I'm asking too much of the little guy. My next door neighbor has a big JD hoe and it digs through stuff I can't budge like a hot knife through butter - I have him come over and help out when I hit something my hoe can't handle.

So really, don't try to skimp when getting a hoe. If there is any suspicion that a tractor may not handle a BH, then it *won't*, and if you try to make it you'll break something. And it'll probably be expensive. Even more expensive than the BH is in the first place /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif (I paid something like $6K for mine a few years back).

/ Backhoe for BX2200? Is there?
chrisjbell
tnks for the info. Sounds good to me. I guess I will just wait until Woods or Kubota comes out with a BH made just for the BX2200. If I need a BH I will just rent a whole rig and not risk my tractor . again tnks

Krecker