Backhoe backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ?

/ backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ? #11  
If you regularly take bh off the bx24, then you would know what possible and what's not. First off, they have a woods brand to go on 4 digit series backhoe ppb the 3 point so the sub frame is not the issue. Second is the hoses hookups. You need two r return lines and the optional aux hydraulic kit doesn't appear to have right connectors. You could weld up a hook for the bh and get modify system to take the bx bh hoses setup.I just suspect you might target take time to replace parts on the damaged bx24 instead of messing around the 4 digit bxs

I had the Woods backhoe on my BX2200 and it definitely required a subframe installation. When I bought the BX 25 we considered switching the Woods over to a BX 2660 but the sub frames and hose connections were all different and needed to be replaced. It was cheaper in the long run the buy the BX 25 and trade the BX 2200 in with the Woods hoe included. This question has been asked here a few times and I've never seen anyone post that they were successful in attaching the BX backhoe to a non tlb BX tractor. Not to say that the op can't be the first but it isn't going to be easy. Kubota doesn't want you to do it so that makes it even harder.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ? #12  
Genuine asked a simple question: will the backhoe from my BX24 fit on a BX2360.

The true answer to that requires a technical response based on what parts actually make up those two tractors.

And requires starting right at the base of the tractor - the frame itself.

The Kubota illustrated parts list - lists the same frame for both tractors. And it clearly shows that all of the additional parts that make up the subframe that the BT601 physically mounts to - are separate parts. As far as I am concerned what that means is YES the BT601 backhoe would physically mount up to a BX2360 .... IF you either transferred over from the BX24 tractor all of those subframe parts OR - in the case that some of them are bent from the tree falling on them - bought (or maybe even made) new ones.

You guys keep giving him "that's impossible" responses - that's not what he needs to hear.

What he needs to find out is if it is technically possible - and I would put money down that IT IS. The next thing he would need to look at is the hydraulics system - and do some investigation into whether or not the systems on the two tractors are similar enough that he can hook up the BT601 into the BX2360's system. Again - I would bet that you could - because I highly doubt that Kubota manufactures the tractors in such a way as to preclude adding additional hydraulics into the BX2360.

The most basic thing to know here is this: manufacturers do not go out of their way to make different parts if they can possibly avoid it. They will use the same parts and the same base product to make as many other models or product lines as possible. If you're smart - you know this and take advantage of it. This his what hot rodders in the car world to all the time. Parts from old Camaros fit on Chevelles. Parts from Impalas fit on Camaros. Engines from trucks fit into cars. The 10-71 blowers you see sticking out of the hoods of drag race cars - came from buses - because they use the same engine blocks as cars - etc.

I've found parts listed for BX tractors that also show up on B tractors. The same backhoe bucket that the BH77 backhoe on tractor uses - has been used on at least 4 different Kubota backhoe models going back probably 20 years.

I can tell just by looking at the Kubota parts drawings that putting the BT601 onto a BX2360 is possible - it would take some work - but if you're looking for the cheapest way out to get a working tractor that may well be it. If I was in the situation Genuine was in - I would think of doing exactly that. I'd get my hands on a BX2360 with no FEL - and swap the FEL and the backhoe over. It would be a big PITA - but it would likely be the cheapest way out.

If he starts paying somebody $20 an hour to do it for him though - it's likely to get expensive. I do just about all my work myself - that would keep the costs down.

/ backhoe from BX-24 to BX-2360 TM ? #13  
I had the Woods backhoe on my BX2200 and it definitely required a subframe installation. When I bought the BX 25 we considered switching the Woods over to a BX 2660 but the sub frames and hose connections were all different and needed to be replaced. It was cheaper in the long run the buy the BX 25 and trade the BX 2200 in with the Woods hoe included. This question has been asked here a few times and I've never seen anyone post that they were successful in attaching the BX backhoe to a non tlb BX tractor. Not to say that the op can't be the first but it isn't going to be easy. Kubota doesn't want you to do it so that makes it even harder.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

According to the Kubota parts list - the frame for the BX2200 is part #: K2561-92110. The part number for the BX2660 frame is: K2581-92110. So - the frames have different part numbers - but even that doesn't really mean the frames are that much different as to prevent a swap. You'd really have to compare them side by side to see. The difference between two part numbers could be something as simple as a bunch of holes in different places. Dimensionally they could be pretty much the same.