Backhoe options for 2538

/ Backhoe options for 2538 #1  

BuggyMasters

Tractor
Mahindra 2538
Going on four years since I bought my 2538 and still zero complaints. Totally happy with it. I want to add a backhoe to it. I see the 60B is the correct “model” for it. I can pick up a 55B for a reasonable price used one time. I also see there are aftermarket (Bradco for example).

Anyone know if a 55B would work? Is it all in the frame mounting? I think these fit a 1640. Anyone know if it can be made to work? Anyone have comments on the aftermarket brands?

/ Backhoe options for 2538 #2  
Check this out. Supposed to be for a Max28 but the frame size might be the same (I'm not sure).

/ Backhoe options for 2538
Boy that’s a deal for someone if they are including the mounting plate and plumbing. I feel sure that wont fit my 2538 but thanks.

/ Backhoe options for 2538 #4  
Is the chassis built/reinforced for the backhoe?

I know that my eMax 20 is only built for the backhoe, at the factory, if ordered with the backhoe option. In other words, if I were to hook up an aftermarket unit, my tractor (not built for it) will fold between the seat, and the engine, destroying it. Could not determine if your model was the same, or not: must be built for it, at the factory? Cheers!

/ Backhoe options for 2538
Is the chassis built/reinforced for the backhoe?

I know that my eMax 20 is only built for the backhoe, at the factory, if ordered with the backhoe option. In other words, if I were to hook up an aftermarket unit, my tractor (not built for it) will fold between the seat, and the engine, destroying it. Could not determine if your model was the same, or not: must be built for it, at the factory? Cheers!
I’m sure the factory backhoe kit includes a subframe mount. I’m sure you couldn’t even put any backhoe on without it and that it’s job is mounting and reinforcement.

/ Backhoe options for 2538 #6  
Well, what I've read, and per the Mahindra USA website, the backhoe is a factory-only ($6k) option on my tractor. The tractor chassis is different for the backhoe models. There are aftermarket 3-point backhoes, but if the tractor chassis is not made for a backhoe, it apparently will snap the chassis in two. Don't know about other tractor makes/models. I only know what I've read about my eMax 20S. The backhoe is just a, "nice to have," option. The price of the backhoe put it out of my budget, as well.

From what I read on my 20S, the front snowblower also requires a different factory chassis/PTO setup. Living in tropical Minnesota, the front snowblower would've been fantastic, but the price ($4k option), again, pushed it beyond my budget. My sub-compact tractor seems to be more narrow in options, due to its varied chassis configurations, and its limited HP. I would love to have an all-purpose tractor, with more HP, front snowblower, and a backhoe, but that wasn't within my budget. I added bucket skis (Edge Tamer knock-off's), which do a very good job, for less then $200, 1/20th the price of the front snowblower!

Visited the Mahindra USA, build your own, website. The backhoe is only compatible with the FEL and the belly mower, not the front snowblower. The front snowblower is only compatible with the FEL; the belly mower and the backhoe are not available with the front snowblower option.

The sub-compact I bought, fit my budget, as well as my 2nd garage. So far, the eMax 20S has met my needs, surprisingly well. I learned more about it, after purchase, discovering I had stumbled into the best compromise for my needs. It has fulfilled my needs, every month of each year since I bought it. Cheers!

Last edited: