Backhoe Ripper tooth - Again

/ Backhoe Ripper tooth - Again #11  
Wedge, that looks great. Have you had a chance to use it yet? Action photos? What did it cost to have fabricated?

/ Backhoe Ripper tooth - Again
No haven't had a chance to use it yet. Been colder than a well diggers....
I just purchased a PTO pump off ebay.
The cost to have it made was $320. Not sure what the Bro-Tek cost, but I'm pretty sure this is way more stout. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. And yes as I start to use it I'll post before, during and after photos.
Keep watch on this thread.. I dont plan on starting a new one.

Wedge

Update: Finally got the BH up and running today and tried out the ripper tooth. Seem to work pretty well, but I'll need much more seat time to figure out what I'm doing with the backhoe. I started on some really big roots and so far they have won the game. I think I'm going to have to try and not dig right next to the stump, but maybe go a few feet away.
I've already managed to bend some stuff on the backhoe and for now it still basically works. I'm either going to have to get replacements at some point or have some made. I think I'll look into having them made that way I can add some reinforcement so they wont bend next time.

But I'll tell you one thing, the 1000+ lbs on the back of the tractor sure help with how well the loader and stuff works.

Wedge

/ Backhoe Ripper tooth - Again #14  
What did you bend? I haven't managed to bend stuff on my BHs yet.

IT what is circled is what I bent.

Bucket_setup.jpg

I'm not sure how this happened, but when I get new ones I'll reinforce these.

Wedge

/ Backhoe Ripper tooth - Again #16  
wedge40 said:
IT what is circled is what I bent.
Wedge

I believe that is the main upper right whatchamajigit:confused: . Did it bend while you were simply scooping with the bucket or was some sort of lateral force involved? What kind of backhoe is it?

IslandTractor said:
I believe that is the main upper right whatchamajigit:confused: . Did it bend while you were simply scooping with the bucket or was some sort of lateral force involved? What kind of backhoe is it?

I dont know when it bent. I was busy learning what to do. It's a no-name Chinese backhoe. The controls seem intuitively backwards. Yesterday was it's maiden voyage. I was working on some 2" - 3" roots and every now and then the ripper would get stick. Couldn't move forward - Couldn't move backward.

I'm going to write the guy I bought it off and see if he can get me new ones or at least a full size template.

Wedge

/ Backhoe Ripper tooth - Again #18  
Well that looks like a Jinma Backhoe. A HW-03 or LW-06? That seems like a weird part to bend to me, Do you have a pic of the bend? With the safety set properly, mine seems to stop before things get overstressed. That part is to stabelize the end of the cylinder and help it push the curl force around the end of the dipper. As such, it is pretty much always in tension when curling and not likley to bend. When uncurling/dumping the bucket, it would come into compression. Is it possible that perhaps you backed it into something? Doing this or trying to uncurl against an immoveable object could have bent them. Do you have a pic of the bent links?

Here are some photo I took just now.

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Yes it could have gotten bound up trying to back the ripper tooth out of the ground. Like I said when I get new ones I'll figure out a way to add stiffeners so it wont do it again.
If anyone knows where I can get Jinma backhoe parts that would be nice. They do look interchangeable. I've sent an email to the guy I bought it from asking for parts or template to make new ones.

Wedge

Last edited:
   / Backhoe Ripper tooth - Again #20  
I think they bent because the back end of your ripper plates dug into them. The last and next to last pics clearly show where the contact was made.....
If you look at the picture of the black backhoe the bucket mounting has rounded ends to provide clearance. Your ripper has larger square ends...that hit the curling links..