Backhoe Stand

/ Backhoe Stand #1  

JTMachineDesign

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLB
I've got an MT1.25 with the backhoe. When it's removed I have it sitting on some big wood blocks but that gotten old now, Thinking about welding up a platform/stand/throne for the backhoe to relax on while it's off the tractor. Anyone else do that? Got pics?

thanks!

Bill in Joshua Tree, CA.

/ Backhoe Stand #2  
If you search for “backhoe dolly”, I think you’ll find what you are looking for. There are a handful of YouTube videos showing how people built theirs. Some are welded, some are built from wood. Most are on caster wheels so they can be rolled around on a garage floor when not attached.

/ Backhoe Stand #3  
My BH weighs 1,200 lbs. When I disconnect it (in the last garage bay) I just release the pressure and let it sit on the concrete floor.

/ Backhoe Stand
If you search for “backhoe dolly”, I think you’ll find what you are looking for. There are a handful of YouTube videos showing how people built theirs. Some are welded, some are built from wood. Most are on caster wheels so they can be rolled around on a garage floor when not attached.

yup, tried that.. no joy. Besides, I'm not looking for a "dolly" Just something to perch it on when I'm not using it. I have no desire to roll it around on a platform :)

/ Backhoe Stand #5  
If you’re gonna just keep it stationary, just throw a 4’ square plywood underneath and call it a day. It shouldn’t be complicated.

/ Backhoe Stand
If you’re gonna just keep it stationary, just throw a 4’ square plywood underneath and call it a day. It shouldn’t be complicated.

Where I live, plywood on the ground is prime mouse/rat housing, and therefore, snake magnets
So you see, it CAN get complicated :)

/ Backhoe Stand #9  
My BX backhoe is only around 700 pounds. For winter, I put the bucket and the part that mounts on the tractor each on one of these dollys. It works well, except, trying to go over some of the larger cracks, in my garage. My garage was originally a one car, but was expanded to a two-car, many years before I bought it.

F6A41611-4851-43B1-A78E-635638C8FDD0.png

/ Backhoe Stand #10  
The Kubota B26 backhoe manual says to block under when disconnecting but not how much. It was a real pain to connect to if on the ground. Simply used some timber screws and four pieces of 4x4”, 4x6” short lumber scraps to make box frame pallet. 8” off the ground. Being screwed together the Blocks don’t slide or roll when disconnecting or connecting and supports are in the right place. Now R&R is easy, quick and safe.

The larger M59 backhoe has no problem being stored on the ground.