Backhoe valves leaking

/ Backhoe valves leaking #1  

Dan Lamb

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2400h TLB/ cab
Good morning,think I messed up, I keep my 2018 2400 locked up in

/ Backhoe valves leaking
Good morning,think I messed up, I keep my 2018 2400 locked up in my shipping container , fired it up let it warm up, didn't notice but the out rigger was Jamed against the wall, tried to raise up and small amount of fluid started leaking out from under my joy sticks , now I can't raise up outrigger to transport to Dave's Tractor to be repaired any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

/ Backhoe valves leaking #3  
Can you find the source of the leak?
Did you try and move the tractor and catch a hose or fitting on the wall potentially causing the leak?

Do the other functions operate correctly? If yes can you use the boom to carefully move tractor slightly to free up out rigger?

/ Backhoe valves leaking #4  
Can you tell where the fluid is coming from? If from the valve it could be a o-ring pushed out. But I would think it may just be a hose busted. The pressure relief valve should have protected the system.

/ Backhoe valves leaking #5  
The outrigger isn't that heavy. You could use a sturdy ratchet strap to lift it while operating the valve so fluid can flow out of the cylinder. If you're by yourself you could alternate tightening the strap and releasing the valve, or tie the valve in position with a bungie cord.

/ Backhoe valves leaking #6  
My backhoe controls had a leak from the back of the valves. I unmounted the valve body and found an o-ring that was clearly blown out. Easy fix.

/ Backhoe valves leaking
Thank you gentlemen for all your input , I did get the outrigger freed up , I took off the foot pad and now I can ratchet it up and secure it for travel.Once I get the cover off the joystick and valve I can hopefully find a bad hose or o ring, I am fairly mechanical so l hope I can repair myself.The leak is coming out from under cover by my right foot as siting on backhoe seat, it does puzzle me why the pressure relief didn’t protect this from happening ? Thanks to all who chimed in ,really appreciate it.Dan

/ Backhoe valves leaking
Can you find the source of the leak?
Did you try and move the tractor and catch a hose or fitting on the wall potentially causing the leak?

Do the other functions operate correctly? If yes can you use the boom to carefully move tractor slightly to free up out rigger?
Yes oldnslo the hoe itself seemed to be working but it seemed slow but then I only had it iddeling, and yes I should have tried to move tractor over with hoe to free up outrigger, that would have been the smart thing to do but didn’t think of that at the moment so I popped the pin out of the foot and tapped it free , thanks