Backhoe- which size?

/ Backhoe- which size? #1  

ericm979

Tractor
Branson 3725H
I'm thinking about getting a backhoe for my 3725. Looks like I can use either the 7.5' or 8.5' models. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the two sizes?

Also does the BL series have a significant improvement over the older 760/860?

thanks

/ Backhoe- which size? #2  
for your tractor the BH200 is a great choice or any 7 foot backhoe will work as well.
i would recommend the sub-frame mount as it is a lot more stable to use than the 3-point style, hope this helps.

/ Backhoe- which size? #3  
I bought this backhoe from- Titan Attachments - PalletForks.com - 8-65-8241
I bought it a year ago and had to build a subframe for it for my 3510.
If you keep watching their site they are always having sales and they give FREE shipping!
I paid $3400.00. It is very well made.

Attachments

• DSCN1311.JPG
    DSCN1311.JPG
    718.6 KB · Views: 260
   / Backhoe- which size?
Thanks all. I'm looking at the Branson units so I can get a subframe. I don't have the skills or time to make my own at this point.

/ Backhoe- which size? #5  
Ansung makes some great backhoes as well, and they will work for your tractor, as they make the FEL and backhoes for Branson too, may be a cheaper option for you to look into

/ Backhoe- which size? #6  
I've ordered a BH860 with my 4225h. On paper, apart from the longer reach the 860 has a slightly lower breakout force, not surprising given it is (apparently, so said my dealer) the same hydraulics but longer geometry. And it hangs slightly longer and higher during transport, so it's a slight reach versus manoeuvrebility tradeoff. My dealer said no major difference in build quality or functionality otherwise.

In my instance, dealer had an 860 in stock, at a price derived from 2018 list price. While he would have had to order in a 760, subject to a new price list with a currency adjustment (I'm in Canada) not in our favour. So my choice was clear; you may face a bigger price difference.

(Not sure I'm telling you anything you don't know already....and thanks for pointing me in the direction of Branson a few months ago in the first place....)

/ Backhoe- which size?
You're welcome! I hope the 4225 works well for you. That lays the differences out nicely.

My dealer said the BL2xx and older x60s are functionally the same except the 2xxs have storage locks on the stabilizers and the x60s don't. They tend to settle down after a while so you need to block them up.

/ Backhoe- which size? #8  
You're welcome! I hope the 4225 works well for you. That lays the differences out nicely.

My dealer said the BL2xx and older x60s are functionally the same except the 2xxs have storage locks on the stabilizers and the x60s don't. They tend to settle down after a while so you need to block them up.

That makes me a bit confused. I thought the BL200 (and potentially other 2xx) were the most recent loaders, newer than BL2x series. But that the BHx60s were the only model-matched, currently available sub-frame backhoes. I've seen a spec sheet for a K7xx (710 maybe?) backhoe which was a bit lighter, less force, but same reach and dimensions as the BH760, but was told it is no longer available.

Editing to add: This is what I head from my dealer, but it matches what I can glean from Branson's not-so-great website, where you have to choose tractor series first, then a tractor, and then click under the pictures on "Attachments" to get an (incomplete?) list of matching attachments.

/ Backhoe- which size?
There's new BH200 and 250 models. They're not made by Ansung, my dealer told me who makes them but it wasn't a company I'd heard of and I forgot. Same specs as the 760/860 only the stabilizer locks are added.

Branson really needs to update its web site and keep it up to date. The current free loader promo isn't even on there. They don't seem to realize that most people shop on line now before they go to a dealer.

/ Backhoe- which size? #10  
They tend to settle down after a while so you need to block them up.
My stabilizers will settle. I just the them up with a piece of light rope. No biggie. The back hoe itself is incredibly well built and powerful. I've been digging up stones this winter to make Bush hogging easier/safer this summer. Built up quite a nice collection of stones!
The one downside is the touchy boom control. Might want to search on it. I've seen it mentioned elsewhere. I've got pretty good control of it but every now and then it gets away from me and will really jolt/rock the tractor. The stress can't be good for it but doesn't happen often any more
One last piece of advice. Don't get discouraged at the time it takes to mount/dismount. Literally too me hours the first time I mounted it. Now about 5-10 minutes.