Backing Up - Amos n Andy

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #1  

Argonne

Gold Member
Tractor
JD2210, Ford 4400, Case IH 685, Terramite T7, JD 6x4 M-Gator
I need to take a tractor in for service, and my wife was directing me while I was backing the pickup to hook-up to the trailer. I'm backing slowly, she's waving me back and giving me turning instructions, and suddenly there's a "bump" and the truck stops while she simultaneously said "ok, that's good".

I broke down into uncontrollable laughter. In order to preserve marital bliss, I need to show her why I laughed so hard, so I need to find the episode of Amos n Andy that flashed into my mind when that occurred.

Any fans out there that have a link to the episode that the "car backing skit" was in?

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #2  
I thought it was pretty funny even without seeing the skit... When I direct my friends, I often bump them into things and then say "Too far..." or "You're good" just after they bump it.
I do it to the wife too once in a while. Keeps me entertained, at least.
:)

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #3  
Make life easier on you and your marriage and get a backup camera

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #4  
I had my share of boo-boo's over the years and sure I'll make more.:eek:

Mrs. wanted to help hitching up new Fisher plow so her pull the pickup in place...oops, told her left 3" and she went my left 3" instead of her 3" :eek: good thing I was standing off to one side...whew,no damage but I had BIG grin as she explain.

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #6  
   / Backing Up - Amos n Andy #7  
I need to take a tractor in for service, and my wife was directing me while I was backing the pickup to hook-up to the trailer. I'm backing slowly, she's waving me back and giving me turning instructions, and suddenly there's a "bump" and the truck stops while she simultaneously said "ok, that's good".

I broke down into uncontrollable laughter. In order to preserve marital bliss, I need to show her why I laughed so hard, so I need to find the episode of Amos n Andy that flashed into my mind when that occurred.

Any fans out there that have a link to the episode that the "car backing skit" was in?

There's a pretty funny backing up scene in the Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz movie The Long Long Trailer. In fact the whole movie is pretty funny if you've never seen it. I used to love Amos N Andy too.

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #8  
I always like it when I'm hooking on the horse trailer for the wife, and she's been directing me back for the last 20' and I hear the: "Okay, keep coming back, keep coming back, ok, you're good, now just back up maybe another 2"-3"....but you need to turn to the right (& be set over) another 6"."

Are you *&%# kidding me! My truck doesn't turn that way!!!

I'm actually much better hooking when I just to do it myself. "But thanks for the help honey."

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #9  
I've pretty much given up on the wife assisting. Below is her SOP. It's hopeless even after calming down and explaining hand signals. Funny how she normally can't talk without waving her arms to describe the story even on the phone. :confused3:

1. She picks a place to stand where I can't see her.
2. Once I do get her in position, she starts moving around so I loose her and am twisting my neck all around.
3. She waves me back with no side to side directions.
4. She never gives me any indication of how close I am after repeated training.
5. She talks me through it but I can't hear her.

/ Backing Up - Amos n Andy #10  
I've pretty much given up on the wife assisting. Below is her SOP. It's hopeless even after calming down and explaining hand signals. Funny how she normally can't talk without waving her arms to describe the story even on the phone. :confused3:

1. She picks a place to stand where I can't see her.
2. Once I do get her in position, she starts moving around so I loose her and am twisting my neck all around.
3. She waves me back with no side to side directions.
4. She never gives me any indication of how close I am after repeated training.
5. She talks me through it but I can't hear her.

I think I married your wife:confused3:
She can back up to a trailer without me, better than I can...with her directions