Backup camera on tractor

/ Backup camera on tractor #1  

ernemats

Veteran Member
Tractor
power trac 422, and agco-allis 5660, john deere 550 dozer ,1845 power trac
Has anyone put a backup camera on their tractor, if so how does it work. I have thought about it as I have problems with turning around to see what is behind me and if I am doing what I want to do. I have a neck problem and it is hard to see when using a back blade for example.

/ Backup camera on tractor #2  
Get a minimum 7" screen wireless camera system off amazon for under $200. I wish I got the 9" screen and two cameras, I can't find extra cameras compatible with my 7" 4-channel 1 camera system.

/ Backup camera on tractor #3  
I have one mounted on the cab, so I only have it in the winter when the cab is on. The biggest challenge is the mounting of the camera and screen since tractors don't have a lot of convenient places. Maybe on the ROPS and top of the dash? Wiring is easy. I just have a switch on the hot wire so I can manually turn it on. Bigger is always better. I think they all work OK but higher quality will cost a little more.

/ Backup camera on tractor #4  
I have 3. One facing left, one facing right and one in the center, above the 3PH and they all feed a large split screen monitor.

/ Backup camera on tractor #5  
If you don't have a cab, I'd wonder about the monitor screen being washed out by the sun pretty often. I've got a bad neck too, and no cab- holding out for something like a practical version of Google Glasses that would be cheap enough to try.

/ Backup camera on tractor #7  
I have 2 backup cameras on the Skid Steer, the BC 773 machine is notorious for poor visibility. The 7" screen is mounted to the roof. The 2 cameras have different field of view characteristics. 1 is normal mounted just below the roof. The other is a wide angle mounted on the engine hood. The camera comes on with the key switch and I switch between cameras with a toggle switch next to the key.
All from Amazon and pretty easy to hook up. Been working flawlessly for about 1 yr. I wrote it up with part numbers in the SS section.

Attachments

• IMG_3003.JPG
    IMG_3003.JPG
    304.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3007.JPG
    IMG_3007.JPG
    261.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3009.JPG
    IMG_3009.JPG
    376 KB · Views: 47
   / Backup camera on tractor #8  
Remember "wireless" means they transmit wirelessly;you still have to power the screen and camera.
Purchased a decent one;find it about useless,washes out in the sun(cab tractor).

/ Backup camera on tractor #10  
Just a word of caution. I have a backup camera (factory mounted) on my Power Wagon. The "eye" is incorporated into the tailgate handle. You view the results on the dash screen.

About a year ago I backed the Power Wagon right into a vertical sheet of plywood. This plywood is the base for my fuse panel and is mounted on the last power pole. Put a nice vertical crease in the tailgate. Of course - no damage to the plywood or fuse box. Probably would have helped if I removed the frost accumulation on the "eye".

I was pretty sure of where I was backing - up until I hit the plywood. In retrospect - that vertical sheet of plywood is difficult to see with the backup system on the Power Wagon. I've painted the plywood red - much easier to see now.

The cost to replace the tailgate - $2500. I was shocked. Because of all the curvature in modern tailgates - they are replaced - not repaired. Live and learn.........