Backup & front camera on LS MT3

/ Backup & front camera on LS MT3 #1  

PeteN

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 LS MT357HC
Had some time between holidays to make some mounts for the backup & front camera I bought recently. This model can input 2 cameras so I have one mounted on the front brush guard and the other in the back. I wanted the front camera for my forks and grapple. The rear camera worked out well also. I mounted the 7" display to the cover over the front windshield wiper. I really like the location since it doesn't block any of my view. Thought about mounting it higher but this worked out well. There is actually a split screen view so I can see both cameras at the same time.

Attachments

• IMG_1476.JPG
    IMG_1476.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1477.JPG
    IMG_1477.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1478.JPG
    IMG_1478.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1479.JPG
    IMG_1479.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_1480.JPG
    IMG_1480.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 253
  • IMG_1481.JPG
    IMG_1481.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 260
   / Backup & front camera on LS MT3 #2  
Had some time between holidays to make some mounts for the backup & front camera I bought recently. This model can input 2 cameras so I have one mounted on the front brush guard and the other in the back. I wanted the front camera for my forks and grapple. The rear camera worked out well also. I mounted the 7" display to the cover over the front windshield wiper. I really like the location since it doesn't block any of my view. Thought about mounting it higher but this worked out well. There is actually a split screen view so I can see both cameras at the same time.

/ Backup & front camera on LS MT3 #3  
I put a back camera on my tractor to see If the backhoe was going to hit something when I backed up

Attachments

• backup cam.JPG
    backup cam.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 138
   / Backup & front camera on LS MT3 #4  
Which camera system did you go with Pete? I'm looking for the same setup myself, and trying to find something decent that won't break the bank.

/ Backup & front camera on LS MT3 #5  
Had some time between holidays to make some mounts for the backup & front camera I bought recently.
Your front camera needs to have the image reversed.
Some cameras have a switch for normal/reverse.
Otherwise there should be a setting in the monitor to make it right.
front.JPG

It should look like this:
front.JPG

/ Backup & front camera on LS MT3
Which camera system did you go with Pete? I'm looking for the same setup myself, and trying to find something decent that won't break the bank.
I found the one in the photos on eBay. At the time its brand name was XRoose but it seems to have changed names for the same item. Paid a little over $100 for this China made device. Thought it would be neat to get a split screen with both front and back at the same time or front or back individually. Works ok but the update response is a little slow giving it a delayed picture. Doesn't have the response time of any OEM backup camera on any vehicle - guess I got what I paid for. Not as useful as I thought it would be. Easy to set up though. I set up the front camera with magnets on the back of the mounting plate so I can reposition it easily if I have the loader bucket or forks. I probably wouldn't buy the same one but instead look for something with the capability of what I have on my truck or car.

/ Backup & front camera on LS MT3
Your front camera needs to have the image reversed.
Some cameras have a switch for normal/reverse.
Otherwise there should be a setting in the monitor to make it right.
View attachment 749209

It should look like this:
View attachment 749210
You are correct. I took the pictures early on in the installation process before I looked through the menus. I could manipulate the picture in other formats as well. The camera has pretty good resolution but its update rate is a little slow giving a delayed or slightly chopping picture when moving.

/ Backup & front camera on LS MT3 #8  
Dam PeteN you put that setup on the wrong
tractor :unsure:

willy

/ Backup & front camera on LS MT3 #9  
I have a 2 camera setup that I got for my Birthday last October. I haven't got it on the tractor yet , not that I procrastinate or anything . Nice setup BTW !

/ Backup & front camera on LS MT3 #10  
My question is how good is display in bright sunlight.... My experience has been with most screens (cameras-tablets-cell phones) that they are heard to see in bright sunlight..