Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans #11  
Don't think I have ever eaten a chestnut, except maybe one time in some Thanksgiving dressing, made by my Yankee friend.

They are very good of course 2Lane . . . bacon !!!

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans #12  
2Lane, I've got to give this recipe a shot soon - sounds very tasty.

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans #13  
Grill fried green beans we enjoy,
1/2 pound bacon use the fatty end and cut 1/4" inch strips at a time. Put in bottom of 9x12 metal baking pan (dedicated for grill use) add 3 drained cans of cut green beans. Cover with foil and place on top rack of grill while meat below is cooking. When meat is done set aside on grill and place baking pan directly on the grill to finish browning bacon and beans with foil removed, turning often with metal spatula. Same pan works great for grill fried potatoes, cube up potatoes and microwave for 7-9 minutes, foil on pan on top rack, then move to grill to finish browning. Use quite a bit of oil to keep from sticking. Also good for asparagus, brussel sprouts, zucchini.

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans #14  
:licking: . . . ya baby! sounds very tasty Rusty.

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans
Livers and hearts . . . yum :licking:

Don't like livers, but love the gizzards. Hearts I haven't seen for sale for 50 years. You used to be able to buy beef hearts, which I liked fried with gravy, but haven't seen them in the last 50 years either. I guess those of you that butcher you own beef are the only ones who get those goodies any more.

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans #19  
I haven't seen beef hearts in the stores around here, but my brother said he and his wife love them and can get them in a grocery store in Waco, but I forgot the name of the store.

/ Bacon wrapped, oven baked green beans #20  
I miss liver, heart & tongue. Always saved when we butchered moose. Dr says I'm better off missing them ........ at least the liver.