Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 3rd function Power Beyond question

/ Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 3rd function Power Beyond question #1  

toyman94

Tractor
Bad Boy 3026
Hey Everyone. Newby here, 1st post. Did research as best I thought I could on weather anyone has the info on Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 power beyond port locations. I am wanting to DIY a 3rd function kit for my loader. Looking at the summit universal kit, and I'll then have custom hoses built, etc. My conundrum is not finding any info on the hydraulics for these models. So far, I don't see any labels or stamping on the loader valve case for port names. I am smart enough to eventually map it out and do it that way, but would be especially nice if someone has already done this or can steer me to the info. If and when I figure it out, I would definitely post all that I learn on here.

/ Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 3rd function Power Beyond question #2  
Hello, welcome to TBN.

If you could take some pictures of the loader valve, that would help us tremendously, so we can give you valid info.

Basically, your loader valve will have 7 lines. 4 are the loader functions (lift and curl), these are irrelevant for what you need to do. There 3 remaining lines, one is Pressure In (comes from the pump), another is Tank line (goes to transmission housing) and the third one is the Power Beyond line, often feeds the remotes and 3pt, also the backhoe if there is one.

The PB line is often easily recognized by the extra long fitting between the valve block and the PB line, but then again, a picture would help us a lot helping you.

/ Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 3rd function Power Beyond question
Worked out that I'm off today and able to take pictures right away. So here's loader valve. I understand the 4 colored cap hoses are loader, and the on top of the valve body, the shorter fitting goes to rear to trans housing. What puzzles me is that top taller connection, and the one coming out the bottom of the valve body, both go to a manifold coming from the pump that I'll show in next photo.
PXL_20231220_184908687.jpg

The top fitting in this photo goes to the bottom connection at the valve body, the bottom fitting with the tall adapter goes to the tall connection at the valve body. My head tilts in question of why they both come from the high pressure manifold.

PXL_20231220_185213222 1.jpg

/ Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 3rd function Power Beyond question #5  
The top fitting in this photo goes to the bottom connection at the valve body, the bottom fitting with the tall adapter goes to the tall connection at the valve body. My head tilts in question of why they both come from the high pressure manifold.

View attachment 839409
I circled the PB line.

PXL_20231220_184908687.jpg

The reason for that High pressure manifold is because on some markets, this tractor, although with another model designation, is sold without a loader and therefore without a loader valve.

When there isn't a loader valve in the system, there is just a short loop in that manifold to complete the hydraulic circuit.

With a loader valve, one lines comes out of it from the pump side and feeds the loader valve, then the Power Beyond line comes from the loader valve and goes back to the other port of the manifold to feed the rest of the system.

Excellent description, Thank you so much for the aide. I now see the manifold differently, I was looking at it as a common area, not an in and an out. So now the next step question if I may? Am I correct to assume I will be putting some sort of T in the each of the PB and tank lines to connect the 3rd function valve? I assume Summit Hydraulics can steer me to the correct fittings to T into those connections. To aide others in this journey, here is Summit's diagram for their valve
3rd-function-valve-Configuration-without-backhoe2-800x699.jpg

/ Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 3rd function Power Beyond question #7  
The only lines you can Tee in an open center hydraulic system is the Tank lines. Everything else needs to be connected in series.

Depending on which 3rd Function valve you use, you may or may not need the power beyond fitting for that valve in particular. Those fittings are specific to each valve manufacturer and model. For instance, that one in the picture, will need the Power Beyond fitting go on the N port.

Summit has another style of solenoid valve available that doesn't need the extra PB line. It makes thing simpler. With this style valve, the PB line from the loader valve goes to the Pressure In in the new valve, then the T line from the new valve goes back to the PB port of the manifold.

Once again, thank you. I now understand what I am working with here. And hopefully this info helps others.

/ Bad Boy 3026/TYM/Branson 2610 3rd function Power Beyond question #9  
Once again, thank you. I now understand what I am working with here. And hopefully this info helps others.
No problem! Let us know what valve you will go with once you get it. We then can help you figure out what line connects to where, and so on.

I plan on sending the loader valve picture to Summit to ask them if they can help me figure out what I need. And will definitely be back here with updates.