Bad Boy Land Plane

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #11  
If it's flexing on the unsupported side, you have it mounted upside-down.

No. What connects the 3pt framework to the grader blades? Only the 1/4" flat end pieces with no edge structure. I wonder if they are including the skid in the weight numbers? Maybe shipped weight?

Grader Leveler

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #12  
Does kinda make you wonder huh. Sure looks like a LOT less metal for a not-that-much-lighter weight rating.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #13  
I would want to know how these straight blades compare to most other land planes with angled blades. There has to be a reason the expensive ones have angled blades.....

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #14  
It would just be nice if there was a good video of it doing some real work. The manufacture's web site only shows a nice clean and unused one sitting on a driveway.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #16  
I would want to know how these straight blades compare to most other land planes with angled blades. There has to be a reason the expensive ones have angled blades.....
In the description it says the blades are fully adjustable. I wonder if the the angle is adjustable or what?

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #17  
I don't know - but I have straight blades on mine and it works just fine. To my thinking material cannot not flow side ways along the blade, which you need for crowning action, because the end id closed off. Once the blade is full there is no sideward flow.

I think the most important spec for a land plane is weight per foot of width with 125 lbs per foot being the minimum. So a 5' plane should weigh at least 625 lbs. My 5 footer is 650.

CornerLPGS2.JPG

Grading2014.JPG

gg

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #18  
Also most of the units with angled blades have such a shallow blade angle that the angle is next to insignificant

I have done a lot of grading on different road types and have never wished I had angled or adjustable blades. Understand, that's not to say they are a bad thing to have.

GradeDrive2.JPG

LowerRd2.JPG

GradedRd.JPG

gg

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #19  
800lbs for my 5 footer. Blades are angled 15* if I remember correctly.

Anyone trying to create a crown best have some patience . Dirt literally only moves side ways 5/8"- 1" each pass.

I actually painted a stripe on the ground to see how far the stripe would move.

Attachments

• P4190015.JPG
    P4190015.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 156
  • P4190012.JPG
    P4190012.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 146
   / Bad Boy Land Plane #20  
Interesting views. I built mine 7.5' wide, opposing angled blades at probably about a 20 degree angle and the blades are pitched at 45 degrees. I haven't weighed mine but it's at least 1000 pounds, probably more like 1200. I need to build a flop gate for the back since I've used it a few times now. I know one thing, it puts a load on my tractor.