Bad Boy Land Plane

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #51  
I'd worry about 'cheap' (thin) steel after seeing a LP wadded up in a ball or something. What snag might make one fall apart might just make a more robust one hop over rocks, etc. (why I grade with LR vs any blade I've tried, BB included) IMO too easy to add braces or weights and I like being able to remove/mod/weld-up side skids. It's a grade leveler not an earth mover, anyway.

btw, IMO if we had to do w/o Chinese/Asian products (spec'd by US labels) we'd all be keeping horses as in days of yore.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #52  
When I leveled my drive (new gravel), I used a HD pallet that was about 12 feet long. Not fancy but it sure made it smooth.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane
panamaguy The weight loss comes from thinner steel. Adding weight on top is not going to make up for thinner, weaker steel. Remember you get what you pay for. A good example is the high cost of cheap Chinese goods

NEW INFO FROM PANAMAGUY THE OZARK MOUNTAINS ARE IN CHINA

Its really nice when someone who don't know **** about a company starts yacking
when they know absolutely nothing about the company or product!

Willie Nelson Willie has played at our annual Dealer Meeting, and has been a terrific friend, and owner, of Bad Boy Mowers.
Those first couple years, we committed ourselves to building 6,000 sq. ft. of office and 20,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space located right in the middle of the country, in the Ozark Mountains.
Bad Boy: Construction Features1/4" sides; 4" x 1/4" wall square tubing main frame; Replaceable skids; Fully adjustable blades 72 inch Weight 499 lbs.

willy

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #54  
Wait, willy you work for bad boy? Why were you always promoting yanmars then? Are you saying willie nelson owns bad boy mowers? Sorta sounds like you've been hittin the sauce already today lol.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #55  
These two 2019 pictures from their web site show the blades to be angled.

Attachments

• 2019_implements_location_1.jpeg
    2019_implements_location_1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
  • 2019_implements_location_4.jpeg
    2019_implements_location_4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
   / Bad Boy Land Plane #56  
I have a land pride grading scraper that I like just fine.

I would NOT buying anything made By BAD BOY ever again.

I purchased a Bad Boy zero turn with the Cat(Perkins) 28Hp diesel engine in it a few years back.
On the way home, I stopped at a gas station and filled both tanks on the mower. After mowing, I noticed the tanks were empty. I used to help my brother sometimes with his mowing business and he had a Kubota zero turn diesel. It sipped fuel. To make a long story short, I found the two fuel tanks were leak fuel out from around the caps or thru the vent holes in the caps. After swapping caps time and time again, the problem was not solved.
I also kept losing the caps for where the front wheels stems went thru the front axle. A good stiff breeze would blow them off. The dealer is like 22 miles away, so going and getting the parts was a real pain.
There was no solution for the hubs coming off, but I got hold of BAD BOY about the fuel leaking.
Bad Boy told me that it was on the dealer and do not contact us again about the fuel leaking.
The dealer told me that he had exhausted all the ideas he had for fixing the problem and if new caps did not do it, there would be no more free fuel tank caps.
So, there I was with a mower that I had to duct tape the grease hub covers on and a mower that I could not fill just one tank more than 1/4 full without losing the fuel to leaks and neither the dealer, not Bad Boy gave a crap.

So, that is the kind of company that BAD BOY is, you buy it, if it is not designed or made right tough ****, you eat it! THEY COULD NOT CARE LESS!

/ Bad Boy Land Plane
I work for nobody! Its from their web site. Its quit interesting
how the company is growing and the stories with Willie Nelson
From a modest 26,000 sq.ft. to more than a million, across
105 acres in Batesville, Arkansas in a little more than 15 years

THIS IS WHAT I ASKED;
Does or has anyone used one of these??
Half the price of other companies product!
What he said has nothing to do with what I asked!

willy

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #58  
I'm headed to my local kioti dealer after work today for a quick stop. They carry bay boy stuff, hopefully they have a land grader on site, but probably not. Will get a quote on the 72". Seeing prices as low as $850 online, hope they can match.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane
Hope you get to see one and the price is the same.
Then you can tell us how good/bad it is.

willy

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #60  
I've used a Bad Boy mower very hard for the last 10 years. No problems. Build very well. Welds and material have never given me any concern. I wouldn't be afraid to buy the Bad Boy land plane. I've been using a LP land plane for 5 years. Double blades and 5 or 6 scarifiers (sp). Best investment I made for maintaining the driveway and landscaping.