Bad Boy Rogue zero turn mower

/ Bad Boy Rogue zero turn mower #21  
Thanks. Looks like a decent kit for that price. I bought a couple Mictuning light bars about that size to mount on my Deere 2520 compact tractor and they have been fantastic.

What did you use for wiring and switch? A rocker switch that fits the blank spot on the Rogue's dash?

Rob

/ Bad Boy Rogue zero turn mower #22  
I put a relay under the user console, ran 14ga wire from the battery to the relay, and 16ga wire from the relay to the lights. I Tee'd off the USB port wire since it was switched to energize the relay. The relays I had were fused, and since it was installed under the console, I have a 30a fuse in it, and have a 20a fuse right off the battery, so if there is ever an issue, it is easy to change the 20a one.
I just used a toggle switch with a rubber boot to make it waterproof. I drilled a hole in the existing blank cover, and put the switch in. The toggle switch open/closes the switched power from the USB tee to the relay. I think I used some 18ga for that, 20/22 would probably be fine too, it is only used to energize the relay.
Switch: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078KBC5VH
As you can see by the dust, I mow a lot of dirt lol
If you look below the switch on the orange side, you can see a screw head, the relay is mounted to the inside. which hides all the cables and keeps things dry and hopefully cleaner.
BB_Switch.jpg

/ Bad Boy Rogue zero turn mower #24  
Never used bad boy mower but i've used these Ariens IKON XD and Husqvarna MZ61 both are great zero-turn lawns that have 42-inch cutting width. Check here to know details about them. I have a Troy-Bilt Horse with a 42-inch deck. Its 3 yrs old and we haven’t had any problems whatsoever

Last edited:
   / Bad Boy Rogue zero turn mower #25  
I bought a Rogue early this spring after doing a bunch of research. It was the most highly featured ZT I could find that was commercial quality and in that price range (i.e. not a $18,000 Deere). Key features for me were the engine HP, EFI (I have the Yamaha engine), separate hydraulic pumps/motors, large tires, HDAP-style tires, beefy deck construction and, primarily, suspension. Mine is the 72" deck model.

Overall it has been great and lived up to my expectations. Plenty of power, nice ride over my bumpy country lawn. I can cut my mowing time for my 7 acres down from 4.5 hours with my x758/60" deck garden tractor to around 3 hours. That's meaningful to me. The suspension is great for smoothing out the ride and allowing me to mow faster. I have both the Rogue's front and rear suspension and the suspension seat.

However, I did find that the cut quality was not up to my expectations. I've battled continual issues with it leaving strips of grass in the path of the front caster wheels. A set of better high lift blades, sharper blades and a new adjustable front caster arm setup that BB provided* free of charge has made considerable improvements but it isn't perfect. With a deck that doesn't float as well as my Deere's deck and gauge wheels that don't extend down as close to the ground it also allows a cut that can sometimes 'scoop' when the mower goes over bumps or comes to a stop and the suspension compresses.

The other thing I learned is that while the HDAP-style tires provide better traction to really help me mow along the sloped alongside my driveway and the county road ditch they do tear up the grass more frequently while turning. In hindsight, that should have been a no-brainer. I've learned to adjust my driving habits to minimize damage.

i-dHV2GW7-X2.jpg

*After working with my dealer on the cut issue I contacted BB and they hooked me up with a pre-production set of arms that I believe will be standard on these mowers in 2022. The concept is that the caster wheels can be adjusted so they aren't running inline with the outer deck spindles. The idea is that the grass under the blades when the blade is parallel with the path of the mower has the least blade contact. The rest of the blade circular path gets more 'blade time' as the blade rotates. I think therefore it gets the least lift. Why this is an issue on this mower versus any other garden tractor I've ever used is unclear, but it is what it is. Bad Boy has been great to work with on this issue, both my dealer and corporate.
This is very dissappointing to hear. I was considering a BB for this year. I have a JD 717 and a 915, both of which cut grass to golf course perfection. It doesn't matter if that mower can fly, if the cut quality is not as good as what I have it's useless. It won't keep the wife off my case. I'll likely just stick to a Deere. BTW, the spindles are in the cut path longer than any other part of the blade path.