Bad fuel pump

/ Bad fuel pump #1  

Yjmoose

Tractor
Ls Mt 2 25 hydro
Bought my brand new LS Mt2 25 hse last week and have been using it to move dirt around in preparation for a new gravel driveway. Today right before the first load of gravel shows up it stopped running acting like it ran out of fuel. Now, in an effort of full disclosure I did run it low in fuel this morning, but had topped it off. I diagnosed it with help from a phone to my dealer as a bad fuel pump. (12.7 volts at the plug to the fuel pump, fuel pump doesn稚 make any noise or vibration). Bad part is new pump won稚 be in until Tuesday!!!
I like the tractor but I bought brand new so I wouldn稚 have to work on it.

Sorry, needed to vent.

/ Bad fuel pump #2  
You bought a brand new tractor so you wouldn't have to work on it? That's cool. I suspect the dealer will get that privilege. The tractor is on warranty so it's his problem. Unfortunately you still own the down time.

/ Bad fuel pump #3  
Welcome to TBN ! :thumbsup:

/ Bad fuel pump #4  
Probably an isolated issue. I have 168 hours on mine right now with no issues. Well, just one, I just found a stress crack on the floorboard by the step. It is being replaced. Sorry to hear about your fuel pump issue. Maybe temporarily use a cheapie electric fuel pump from an auto parts store while you wait for the LS replacement? It would get you working....

/ Bad fuel pump
I did the cheap auto parts store fuel pump, it was $50 took all of 3 minutes to install, just frustrating. I know it is most likely a fluke, I am sure every manufacturer has a bad pump once in a while. I was just frustrated while I looked at the 22 tons of gravel being delivered and needed to vent. My dealer will have the correct part Tuesday, it is a holiday weekend and he said they have never had a fuel pump fail on these LS tractors. He did say he would have pulled one off a tractor on the lot BUT they are SOLD OUT. I believe them as I took delivery of his last MT2 25 last week.

I did get that gravel spread and an additional 1 1/2 trucks of gravel spread before dinner, so the tractor did work good after I rigged up a fuel pump.

/ Bad fuel pump #6  
I have 40 hours on my new MT225HE. Fuel Feed Pump started leaking where the wires enter pump body. Fuel pump also gets hot, too hot to touch. Fuel Pump# is 40414568. Anyone else have fuel pump problems? Does anyone have the alternate 40312380 pump on their machine?