Ballast weight options for CT2025

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #11  
There are two main reasons to ballast rear tires.
1. increase rear tire traction
2. lower tractor center-of-gravity for work on hills

The CT2025, like my L3560, has modest engine power relative to weight. Not enough power to break rear wheel traction under most conditions. If light ground contact implements are purchased, rather than heavy ground contact implements, rear tire ballast may be necessary even for an CT2025 but I know YOU will not waste money on light, marginally effective ground contact implements.

With <26-horsepower your counterbalance and ballast should be removable.

Consider a ballast box with more internal volume to increase counterbalance weight:

Last edited:
   / Ballast weight options for CT2025 #12  
I decided to add my own liquid ballast after doing a bunch of research. Being on a budget, I used -20 degree windshield wiper fluid to fill my tires as I live in a colder climate. It was really simple to do and I was able to add 30 gallons to each tire that gave me about 228 lbs. per tire.

I looked at Rimguard near where I live and I was receiving quotes on the low-end $4.50 a gallon if I took my tractor tires to them, and if I had a mobile service come to my property it would have been $13.56 a gallon. If you can get it for $1 a gallon jump on it.

In all, it cost me about $120 for 60 gallons of fluid, $12 dollars for an air-water adapter and I had my own electric water transfer pump ($50). In the end, it took about 2.5 hours to do. There are a ton of videos on youtube, some good, some bad, some over-engineered but it was easy to do. The tractor handles noticeably better and is less bouncy when using the bucket or pallet forks. I am still planning on buying a ballast box as well.

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #13  
I looked at Rimguard near where I live and I was receiving quotes on the low-end $4.50 a gallon if I took my tractor tires to them, and if I had a mobile service come to my property it would have been $13.56 a gallon. If you can get it for $1 a gallon jump on it.
Ya, the $1 a gallon price that keeps floating around is pretty much BS. It might not be $13 for the big guys buying hundreds of gallons for several machines, but it sure ain't $1.

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #14  
I decided to add my own liquid ballast after doing a bunch of research. Being on a budget, I used -20 degree windshield wiper fluid to fill my tires as I live in a colder climate. It was really simple to do and I was able to add 30 gallons to each tire that gave me about 228 lbs. per tire.

In all, it cost me about $120 for 60 gallons of fluid, $12 dollars for an air-water adapter and I had my own electric water transfer pump ($50). In the end, it took about 2.5 hours to do. There are a ton of videos on youtube, some good, some bad, some over-engineered but it was easy to do. The tractor handles noticeably better and is less bouncy when using the bucket or pallet forks. I am still planning on buying a ballast box as well.
Do you have tubes?

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #15  
Do you have tubes?
No, my tires were tubeless. Supposedly, I'll have to look but the windshield wipe ingredients were non-corrosive and safe for installation without tubes.

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #16  
No, my tires were tubeless. Supposedly, I'll have to look but the windshield wipe ingredients were non-corrosive and safe for installation without tubes.
Yep. Washer fluid is safe to install in tubeless tires..

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #17  
Yep. Washer fluid is safe to install in tubeless tires..
How do u know this? I have done it. But inside tubes. What evidence do u have that it won't corrode rims in 20 years? Seriously, i'd like to know data/evidence then i could put it in my tubeless tires. Thanks

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #18  
How do u know this? I have done it. But inside tubes. What evidence do u have that it won't corrode rims in 20 years? Seriously, i'd like to know data/evidence then i could put it in my tubeless tires. Thanks
If in doubt, put it in a tube. Can always add a gal or two of antifreeze (original green for steel) or bottles of anti-rust too.

I also put WWF in my 3400's old original wheels about 10yrs ago and they are still going strong. Other than that, the only evidence is the same for beat juice - testimonies from those who have done it for years.

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #19  
When I bought my machine the dealer foam filled the tires for $500. It's slightly heavier than rim guard and my tires are now airless and puncture proof in the rear. That with a box blade is pretty good ballast. I can max out my loader capacity before the rear end gets too light.