Banjo bolts on a diesel

/ Banjo bolts on a diesel
Did you try any of the reference threads that show below based on context.

I learn something new, or several somethings each time I visit this site. I did not know that it produced the reference threads that you have pointed out.
Reading and learning. Must have heard that on in school about 40 years ago!

Seems that the thread is 8mm with a 0.75 pitch. Finally remembered and found my thread guage.

Attachments

• IMG_3700.JPG
    IMG_3700.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3701.JPG
    IMG_3701.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 73
I was complaining to a mate from work about my need to identify the thread and he asked if I had tried a Schrader valve for size.

Attachments

• IMG_3698.JPG
    IMG_3698.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3699.JPG
    IMG_3699.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 77
   / Banjo bolts on a diesel #34  
Ain't it great learning about stuff? :D

I have had a thread gauge on my "need to buy" list for a long time: now that I actually have a garage/shop to store stuff I'll now get around to getting one.

/ Banjo bolts on a diesel #35  
silverfox tractor spares in the UK just updated their website, they have the double banjo. Wish they had answered my email last week it would have saved me 10 pounds in postage. But at long last I think I now own enough parts to make the TEF20 run.

/ Banjo bolts on a diesel #38  
I feel REAL BAD about the hassle you went thru.. like I said, I have PILES of them.. it's just the miles between us that put the squeeze on that deal.. Sorry Mate.. Hope you get her going..

It's all good mate, my fault for loosing the bolts, I will get it running. Never knew when to quit! Also i'm enjoying the whole process. I have even started work on an older TED to keep me occupied while I wait for parts to arrive by post.

/ Banjo bolts on a diesel #40  
The washers can also be aluminum , such as often used for brake line banjo bolts. I prefer the aluminum as they are softer and less prone to leaking.