• No

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Who are we talking about?

Votes: 43 56.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Banning a member #82  
Interesting. I nearly put one member here on ignore a few years ago but never did. The guy is still around but posts a lot less, so it worked out. I am interested in how some people think...or don't think.

This is the only forum where I thought about banning someone. 6-wheels is not the guy BTW.

I don't get worked up over things as much. Nearly losing someone to cancer and seeing your kids go woke makes what forum fools say so unimportant to my life.

Lots of good folks here and good info. That keeps me engaged.
I only have 1 or 2. Some people never say anything useful and are only antagonistic. Those, I put on ignore. One prolific poster tempts me, but then says useful things on occasion. I wish I could just ignore posts like "that doesn't apply to me". Either add something helpful or be funny.

/ Banning a member #83  
I don't use the ignore, to me that would be like tearing pages out of a book. It's easy for me to skip over them, and I've found that I while I might think that they're wronger than a wrong thing, there is no way that I'll ever convince them otherwise so it's best to just not engage and move on.
If everyone did that, they wouldn't get the responses racked up and their nightly post count reports to Valerie would be so paltry they'd get dropped from the revenue stream.

/ Banning a member #84  
Years ago I discovered one member that would copy other peoples posts, cut and paste, and start a duplicate thread. I checked all his threads, and every thread he started was a copy of a previous person's thread. I discovered it when he copied one of mine. Not sure if he got banned or not, I was thinking he did.

I've seen spammers on other sites with a little deja vu. I think it has to do with minimum post limits before being able to post links or whatever spam they wish. Whenever I see one, I flag it as plagiarism, and at least the mods on the other sites ban the person quickly.

/ Banning a member #85  
I've seen on the Front Porch complaints about Politics. Is this related to the issue of closed threads?

I don't see any stickies in that subforum, but it would make sense to either add a sticky with the rules, or even a banner on that subforum.

It is easy enough to write responses that avoid mention of presidents, former presidents, politicians, or political parties.

One can also flag any post that seems to cross the line, or gets to personal.

/ Banning a member #86  
I’ve been on my front porch 5-6 times this morning, haven’t seen or heard a single complaint!

But then, my front porch in nearly 310 meters from the nearest house, plus there has been a dense fog!

/ Banning a member #87  
I’ve been on my front porch 5-6 times this morning, haven’t seen or heard a single complaint!

But then, my front porch in nearly 310 meters from the nearest house, plus there has been a dense fog!
We sometimes get a dense fog here on this Front Porch.

Status
Not open for further replies.