Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,741  
There are bars that help separate the section. Check the one at 29:40. That's where he talked about global warming.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,742  
There are bars that help separate the section. Check the one at 29:40. That's where he talked about global warming.
at 1 hour and 36 minutes, I am not going to watch it.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#4,743  
at 1 hour and 36 minutes, I am not going to watch it.
I'm 2000 hours into this subject but I have children and perhaps grand children some decade but this unknown has some turned off on that future. All of the noise from all sides makes for confusion.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#4,744  
How about a couple of sentences of summary?
I ordered his new book yesterday and went for the hard bound version hoping it's a keeper. After I learn more about the man the better I can sum him up. People with earned terminal degrees have very different take on the future. Like he states people have been calling for end times for 2000+ years. For 100,000 years humans have headed for the hills and caves when it got really bad then rebooted civilization again. The reboot this time may contain the myths of silent people movers. All myths come from past facts I now think.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,745  
1633102481333.png

From Wikipedia
"During an interview by French investigative journalist Paul Moreira, which was first broadcast on French television station Canal+, Moore was asked about the safety of the herbicide glyphosate. Moore told Moreira that one "could drink a whole quart of it" without any harm. When Moore was challenged to drink a glass of the weedkiller, he refused, saying "I'm not an idiot" and "I'm not stupid" before ending the interview."

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,746  
View attachment 715294

From Wikipedia
"During an interview by French investigative journalist Paul Moreira, which was first broadcast on French television station Canal+, Moore was asked about the safety of the herbicide glyphosate. Moore told Moreira that one "could drink a whole quart of it" without any harm. When Moore was challenged to drink a glass of the weedkiller, he refused, saying "I'm not an idiot" and "I'm not stupid" before ending the interview."
“Could” and “should” are two different things

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,747  
Moore told Moreira that one "could drink a whole quart of it" without any harm. When Moore was challenged to drink a glass of the weedkiller, he refused, saying "I'm not an idiot"
Reminded me of Nixon handed a glass of sparkling clear water - at a sewer treatment plant. He looked baffled for a minute then handed it back. That was pure comedy to watch on the evening news. :)

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,750  
What is that? It looks like an entitlement for ethanol corn growers?
Nope, it's a federal tax credit of 30% of the cost of purchasing and installing an EV charging station (up to $1,000 for residential installations and up to $30,000 for commercial installations), through December 31, 2021.

Qualified Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property​

Qualified alternative fuel vehicle refueling property is any property (other than a building or its structural components) used for either of the following.

• To store or dispense an alternative fuel (defined below) other than electricity into the fuel tank of a motor vehicle propelled by the fuel, but only if the storage or dispensing is at the point where the fuel is delivered into that tank.
  • To recharge an electric vehicle, but only if the recharging property is located at the point where the vehicle is recharged.

In addition, the following requirements must be met to qualify for the credit.

• You placed the refueling property in service during your tax year.
  • The original use of the property began with you.
  • The property isn’t used predominantly outside the United States.
  • If the property isn’t business/investment use property, the property must be installed on property used as your main home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.