Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,451  
It's been fun watching them play with this '57... the latest transformation seems timely.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,452  
Plus there are subsidies and then there are "subsidies". Without getting too political, how much would the US truly care about the Middle East if there was no oil there? About as much as we care what happens in Togo and Botswana, which is not at all. From Carter to *****, all that "caring" has been and still is super expensive, and it's created some severely catastrophic global side effects that I won't go into. We ultimately pay for all of that for sure - ain't nothing free - we just don't pay for it at the gas pump.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,453  
That's why I like seeing more and more renewables. I like getting to a point where middle east oil is irrelevant. Big Oil will still use and abuse us, but at least we can minimize the impact the mid east has on the market. Once thier cash cow dries up, they are so screwed.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,455  
#5,456  

"The infrastructure is at its breaking point, in terms of being able to deal with demand and distribution of supply,” concluded Omar. “The massive amount of demand that has shot up over the last five to 10 years, capacity has not kept up.”

Finally something that makes sense in this mess that's impacting most of us in some form. Trying to spur business trillions of $$$ was pumped out only to highlight an old crippled supply chain mess.

This actually supports the growing population being a core factor. This problem was setting below the surface well before the pandemic.

Maybe we should address this weakness before we drive demand for more imports. EV bonus cash doesn't make sense to me in the middle of this growing mess. There's NO lack of EV demand with up to a year delivery wait today to get your new EV.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,458  
Are we simply displacing pollution from the exhaust pipe to the power stations?
(Other than Colorado river dams and Canadian rivers)

Where will highway maintenance and construction funds come from?
(gas and fuel has a large tax content)

Will today's power grids handle all that EV charging?

Interesting questions still needing answers.

#5,459  
Are we simply displacing pollution from the exhaust pipe to the power stations?
(Other than Colorado river dams and Canadian rivers)

Where will highway maintenance and construction funds come from?
(gas and fuel has a large tax content)

Will today's power grids handle all that EV charging?

Interesting questions still needing answers.
Based on EV battery restraint the roll out is going to take the rest of the decade I expect. That will some time to grow. However more questions than answers.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,460  

If you can sit through the long commercial...

Status
Not open for further replies.