Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,501  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,502  
Yet not all of us believe that the shift to EV's is "environmentally friendly" in the long run. I believe that we should stop sending our environmental problems overseas. If the point source pollution isn't acceptable here then it shouldn't be acceptable anywhere.

I agree pollution is pollution is pollution no matter where it occurs yet all of us accept each year the big 3 will kill off more ICE models and add an EV line or two until they are pure EV in time. We that drive Japanese ICE will be switching to Chinese EVs it sounds like.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,504  
Bad things come in all forms and each source or energy has its own drawbacks. Locally there are several solar farms. Some are starting to push back as there recently has been some ground water contamination that is supposedly occurred from panels that have failed. Maybe it’s just me, I’m skeptical when someone tells me that a product is the end all/be all /wave of the future/only option.

we see what happens to gasoline prices when the sources/supplies are limited. What happens when we are an all electric society and are not able to produce enough electricity for our needs and there are not any other alternatives(slightly sarcastic).

someone recently told me that as of recent, it costs them about $20 worth of power to fully recharge their car at home. Does anyone know if this is accurate? Just curious.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,505  
someone recently told me that as of recent, it costs them about $20 worth of power to fully recharge their car at home. Does anyone know if this is accurate? Just curious.
Dunno about $20 for an EV but I just paid $43 to refuel a little Ford Focus.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,506  
Considering that the fuel taxes are what supports the road structure I shudder to think what the our highways will look like in years coming.

Certainly not taxes from bicycles that share them.
Nor from electric car energy taxes since as far as I know there is only one electric grid.

Perhaps the goal is to eliminate all cars since once the subsidies disappear nobody will be able to afford an electric car.

Then is the question is can the grids can handle the extra power demands.

Interesting times ahead.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,507  
Considering that the fuel taxes are what supports the road structure I shudder to think what the our highways will look like in years coming.

Nor from electric car energy taxes since as far as I know there is only one electric grid.
Nor from the heavy trucks that do way more damage to roads than the fuel taxes they pay.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,508  

Perhaps the goal is to eliminate all cars since once the subsidies disappear nobody will be able to afford an electric car.
Im pretty sure the politicians can figure out more taxes, lol. As to the eliminating all cars, who wants this and why?

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,509  

Sunshine can do more than just fuel cars.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,510  

Then is the question is can the grids can handle the extra power demands.

Interesting times ahead.
So many good questions like this that need to be worked out. I’m sure you would have to install a EV meter or a way the utility could track it. Or maybe a mileage tax for every car when you buy your rage every year….

Status
Not open for further replies.