Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#1,471  
After our 2016 Leaf got totalled I put a new battery on the 2003 Escalade and started driving it. My energy cost has gone from $40 to $160 per month. That adds up.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,472  
I do belive Audi e-tron was the most sold car in 2020 here in Norway, don't know the market share numbers for EV was, but probably over 50%.

#1,473  
It is good to Old Line companies getting traction in the world of EV's.

Europe and China are really pushing for EV's. Our next president (USA) sounds pro EV but time will tell.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,474  
VW is realising new EVs are more software than mechanical devices, developing their own software and systems, at the moment VW ID3 is sold as unfinished, a lot of functions will be missing awaiting a new software, but anyhow they are selling them as hotcakes. VW didn't dare to wait a year longer to go all inn on a pure EV platform.

#1,475  
I do think VW will be one of the few old line OEM's that may be around in 20 years.

Few are yet to see the software angle like you.

A few still see Tesla as a car company instead of a software developer.

If I had 2016 Tesla instead a 2016 Nissan Leaf I would have traded up many times in my sleep at no charge by now.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,476  
Sales in Norway 2020:

Pure EV had 54,3% market share, hybrids with charging 20,5%, pure ICE cars 23%, the rest is hybrids without charging.

In desember EV had over 60% of the marked.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,477  
Sales in Norway 2020:

Pure EV had 54,3% market share, hybrids with charging 20,5%, pure ICE cars 23%, the rest is hybrids without charging.

In desember EV had over 60% of the marked.

I have read about some European countries employing strong incentives for EVs and substantial penalties against ICE vehicles at the corporate and/or consumer level. Is that the case in Norway?

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,478  
If I had 2016 Tesla instead a 2016 Nissan Leaf I would have traded up many times in my sleep at no charge by now.

Probably not. My 2013 got downgraded in an "update". Charges about half as fast as it used to on Superchargers. Is rumored this occurred after a Model S burned on a Supercharger in China.

The original HVAC controls were much nicer than the Version 7 tiny controls. Is currently on Version 10.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,479  
I have read about some European countries employing strong incentives for EVs and substantial penalties against ICE vehicles at the corporate and/or consumer level. Is that the case in Norway?
Incentives, oh yes... Free parking, no taxes of any kind, until recent EV could use traffic lanes reserved for buses and taxis, free tickets on ferryes etc. All this came when EV was not much more than enthusiast vehicles for people with a death wishes, but then came Nissan leaf, a real car for ordinary people, so came Tesla model S and it exploded.

It's OK, we are just spending some money from the oil fund to establish a new solution, we are with only 5 million people a micro market but in the start of the serious EV production we was maybe the only market with some volume for brands as Tesla. Today EV are a ordinary thing, most people that have bought EV will never consider ICE again.
And we produce all our electric with hydropower and we have quit low price pr KW and a robust power distribution network with 3 phase 230v or 400V to all houses.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,480  
This was a typical EV when Norway startet all the EV benefits, you needed some benefits to dare to take this on to the highway....
Kewet_Buddy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.