Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,281  
I'm not responsible for your ignorance.

The whole impetus for the EV shift is to phase out fossil fuels. As I have mentioned, I think it is too little and decades too late, but we may as well go along for the ride.
Larry,
Does the word "remittances" ring a bell?
Talk about ignorance.... :rolleyes:

Oh, and another thing, arent we in a "global climate crisis"? So moving from Guatemala to the US everything will be awesome? All the climate issues just vanish when you step into Texas?
Come on dude....its all about the money.
People been jumping the border from Central America into the US for 50 years, way before "climate change" was a campaign mantra.

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,282  
I'm not responsible for your ignorance.

The whole impetus for the EV shift is to phase out fossil fuels. As I have mentioned, I think it is too little and decades too late, but we may as well go along for the ride.
The only ones that are ignorant (and naive and gullible) are the ones that think there is actually something we humans can do about natural changes and cycles etc...

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,283  
Wow I thought the USPS was broke. I guess shipping prices will be climbing.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,284  
Wow I thought the USPS was broke. I guess shipping prices will be climbing.
Plennnnnty of money out there. ;)

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,285  
I forgot it grows on trees out there!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,286  
Anti-EV people often bring up power plants, not realizing that the modern coal plants are cleaner than the typical car - it's much easier to scrub that exhaust in one place than in a million cars, and more likely to be maintained (assuming the EPA hasn't been gutted). Natural gas? *way* cleaner than ICE. In what world did you think this would be a gotcha?

If you want to talk about EVs being non-environmental, we need to do a full lifecycle comparison -- everything that goes into the EV or ICE car (ICE car wins this part, hands down), plus everything that goes into the cars during their full lifetime of use (EV definitely wins this part, especially since they'll probably last longer mechanically), plus recycling (ICE would win the end-of-life).

I'm not sure what the ultimate comparison sums to. It's tempting to give it to ICE since batteries are so nasty to produce and non-trivial to recycle (though the recycling could ultimately offset a substantial portion of the production, though I don't think it does at this point), but everything involved in the ICE fuel cycle is bad too.
If you are so concerned about “climate change” and CO2. Tell us about the annual thousands of tons of CO2 stack emissions from coal and gas plants .

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,287  
The only ones that are ignorant (and naive and gullible) are the ones that think there is actually something we humans can do about natural changes and cycles etc...
I'm pretty much with you on this one; given the geological history of the Earth we can verify, climate change happens so often it shouldn't be a surprise to mankind today. Measuring Earth's timeline to a human's is rather ridiculous.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,289  
If you are so concerned about “climate change” and CO2. Tell us about the annual thousands of tons of CO2 stack emissions from coal and gas plants .
Then theres the debate "is CO2 a pollutant". The EPA doesn't think so.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,290  

The CO2 produced by for energy to move a car is going to be pretty similar whether it's an ICE or a coal or gas plant.
Of course, the EV can (and does partially) run on non-CO2 energy, unlike the ICE.

Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.