Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#3,422  
Please explain. Thanks.
If other car companies can save expenses by buying something that Tesla has created inadvertently in the process of doing business it
is earned income tax wise.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,423  
If other car companies can save expenses by buying something that Tesla has created inadvertently in the process of doing business it
is earned income tax wise.
I think the question was if Tesla wasn't making hundreds of millions of dollars by selling credits to other car makers, could Tesla still afford to sell as many cars. There was a nice write up on it in Car and Driver. How was that fake news?

#3,424  
CNN is a website. Google it.

Answering a question with a question, I see. I'll go back to my original post. This is a serious question. I have a small position in Ford and am following most automakers.

If Tesla had to price their vehicles high enough to make a profit without making hundreds of millions of dollars on carbon credits each year, would they still sell as many vehicles? Are the "big 3" the ones buying the carbon credits? In the future as the "big 3" and others bring up their overall fleet mpg they will need to purchase less and less carbon credits. How will that effect Tesla?
So you aware Ford is losing billions trying to make EVS to compete with Tesla. Are you saying carbon credits are not real? Why would other car companies finance the growth of Tesla by buy carbon credits? Why do you think carbon credits are fake? How could Tesla get away with financing growth from other car makers if carbon credits are fake?

#3,425  
I think the question was if Tesla wasn't making hundreds of millions of dollars by selling credits to other car makers, could Tesla still afford to sell as many cars. There was a nice write up on it in Car and Driver. How was that fake news?
I would like to read that article if somebody has a link to it.

Over the last year Tesla has raised billions in stock sales and that is peanuts compared to what other car makers are paying them for carbon credits. At the point when Tesla was looking for a buyer because they were out of money yes the carbon credits were critical. Today they are financed well beyond what they get from carbon credits besides carbon credits are a temporary thing if the other car companies ever start making EVs.

The fake news is that Tesla today needs carbon credits to grow faster.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,426  
So you aware Ford is losing billions trying to make EVS to compete with Tesla. Are you saying carbon credits are not real? Why would other car companies finance the growth of Tesla by buy carbon credits? Why do you think carbon credits are fake? How could Tesla get away with financing growth from other car makers if carbon credits are fake?
Wow... I don't really know where to start here but I'll try.

I never said carbon credits were fake. Where do you get that? They are very real but as legacy auto makers continue to increase the overall mileage of their fleets they will be buying less carbon credits from Tesla. OK, I give up...

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,427  

Over the last year Tesla has raised billions in stock sales and that is peanuts compared to what other car makers are paying them for carbon credits. At the point when Tesla was looking for a buyer because they were out of money yes the carbon credits were critical. Today they are financed well beyond what they get from carbon credits besides carbon credits are a temporary thing if the other car companies ever start making EVs.

I already posted the link.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,428  

He posted it a few posts up in this post.

Tesla made $428M off of selling credits in just the 2nd quarter of this year.

There's nothing fake about it.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,429  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,430  
Tesla's Automotive Division made well over $1.5Billion with a 'B' in just credit sales in 2020.

It's not fake news.

Tesla’s CFO freely admitted that w/o regulatory credit sales they would NOT have made their first ever profit in 2020. They would still have lost money despite roughly $30 billion (with a B) in sales.

That is some huge cost base.

MoKelly

Status
Not open for further replies.