Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,641  
Daimler hungry for more CATL batteries - electrive.com

There is a ton of points in this article that are red flags in the 2050 objectives to reach Net Zero goals.

Why Norway Won’t Give Up On Oil & Gas | OilPrice.com

This is good news for the West so OPEC has competition.

EVs as people movers will happen naturally if they offer the best solution at the best price.

Everyone with working senses understands the climate is changing.

Why it is changing is NOT settled science nor will it be for generations to come.

If the dinosaurs came and went who is to say humans will not travel the same cycle.

We in North America know we're less than 5 months from the start of Winter. We also know without the use of carbon based fuels some of us will in a world of hurt.

Come 2050 or 2150 carbon based humans will still be a stress on the environment. Over the past 18 months we have seen Mother Nature has tools to thin the herd.
What fuel can be more carbon based than burning wood? Cave man technology in the 21st century!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,642  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,643  
8 years ago all the academic intellectual armchair engineers who have never really done anything were saying we would have smart roads to charge EVs while they drive.

Never mind the inconvenient physics of a moving coil over a stationary coil. Ever seen that before? (Hint: In an electric motor? Or consider how one coil field pulls the other along? Perpetual motion, anyone?)
"ALL?" The only implementation of wireless charging I have ever heard of is the Shanghai busses with fast solid state capacitors and charging stations installed under the pavement at bus stops. It was an experimental program that was abandoned in favor of conventional batteries, but the time frame sort of meets your memories. Solid state capacitors may yet make a contribution. How they would manage a 5 minute charge is a separate question. I stick to local energy storage, probably using flywheels, to even out the load.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,644  
Sounds like great stuff for the rich birthing/non-birthing persons!
The poor, non south facing, non home owning, no garage having, apartment/townhouse/condo living, smaller bank account, ~250 million other Americans will have to be environmentally bad people and drive their shameful, inefficient ICE vehicles.
How many beautiful trees need to be cut down so solar panels will work efficiently?
The rich keep getting richer and better than the great unwashed by the day! Funny how that works. Seems “unfair”, though. Lol
IMO, too many Americans are left out. The only way you can be a perfectly green little citizen is with big money.
The aim should be to get a lot more Americans driving EVs, because the goal should be a cleaner environment, not just end up with the rich to subtly guilt those who can’t afford EVs.
You are not the only one who realizes the system is royally screwed up. It remains to be seen if the low level geniuses in elected office will ever do anything to fix it.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,645  
Come 2050 or 2150 carbon based humans will still be a stress on the environment. Over the past 18 months we have seen Mother Nature has tools to thin the herd.
With the traffic really cut down and the population decrease over the past 18 months isn't this the carbon reduction goal we are striving for in 2030? It's made a pleasant difference in Texas with below normal temps for July.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,646  
well said except....you are trying to apply common sence and logic to our tax code.

the tax code is a tool used by the govt for social engineering.
Welcome to the sales tax. Sales tax is a regressive tax that always strokes poor people harder than rich people. Living in a state with no sales tax, it astonishes me that people pay tax when they buy a used car. I would think the sales tax on a new car would cover it.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,647  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,648  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,649  
Daimler hungry for more CATL batteries - electrive.com

There is a ton of points in this article that are red flags in the 2050 objectives to reach Net Zero goals.

Why Norway Won’t Give Up On Oil & Gas | OilPrice.com

This is good news for the West so OPEC has competition.

EVs as people movers will happen naturally if they offer the best solution at the best price.

Everyone with working senses understands the climate is changing.

Why it is changing is NOT settled science nor will it be for generations to come.

If the dinosaurs came and went who is to say humans will not travel the same cycle.

We in North America know we're less than 5 months from the start of Winter. We also know without the use of carbon based fuels some of us will in a world of hurt.

This post is an example of why I keep up on this thread. You obviously are a fan of EVs; yet are also a realist. It's a lot easier to learn from people like you than from a fanatic.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,650  
external electrical lines are in use for trains. There used to be a lot of trolley cars with overhead lines. I believe some factories have buried wires in the floor for moving equipment.
i'm pretty sure the buried wires in factories are for guidance etc for their smart lift trucks etc etc.....vs power. maybe that's what you meant.

i went into a huge warehouse customer visit for something, don't remember but....i do remember it was almost pitch black and you could hear these robots running all over the place. they snapped on the lights and i was blown away by how big the place was....and dark, and all the robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.