Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,261  
Yes. He has put the money in startups going for a 10x gain again I expect. It will be 10 years before Tesla is $10K per share. He has a Roth IRA containing $5 billion. It was kind of strange that it was a former CEO of Ford now at Hertz that said Tesla was the only one Mass producing EVS and was their only option to move to ev's.
I actually did sell some of my tesla stock at $740. and put it into a startup.....just not ALL of it. Diversification -- even in risky ventures!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,262  
I wonder what will renting EVs do to the batteries. My thinking is renters don't keep their cars for very long and to increase range, they might to always charge them to 100%, which unless they are LFP, is bad for the battery longevity. They will probably replace the vehicle before it becomes an issue for them but the buyer and warranty?
That Model 3 comes with LFP. If Hertz keeps them 3 years they could put them in a fleet of Robotaxis.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,263  
That Model 3 comes with LFP. If Hertz keeps them 3 years they could put them in a fleet of Robotaxis.

So far only the SR+ comes with LFP. Not sure if the SR+ will be the trim of choice though. If you look at the millage rented cars have after just six months, they are obviously not rented to go get the groceries, hence why LR would make more sense in my opinion.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,264  
I read that on average, rental car companies rarely keep their cars for even 2 full years. They either sell them back to the manufacturer as program cars, or sell them to used car wholesalers, or sell them directly as used cars.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,265  
I've never rented a car that wasn't for the current year model.

#5,267  

I found this guy making me smile.

#5,268  
#5,269  

Sounds like Leo may have picked up a hundred million dollars today in Tesla profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.