Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,491  
I work on the construction side building dealerships for all brands. The charger requirements change daily (or so it seems) depending on the brand. We have one project that charging requirements have changed three times during construction.

that aside, the auto manufacturers are starting to tell us to install battery storage rooms inside the dealerships. When we explain what the fire codes require for lithium ion battery storage they go quiet and drop the requirement. This makes me think that the world (or local fore departments)is not ready for piles of old lithium ion batteries.
Old batteries are going to be the next major environmental disaster. This green isn't so green after all as it is being pushed. Just another money maker for certain people without regard to the planet.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,492  
Old batteries are going to be the next major environmental disaster. This green isn't so green after all as it is being pushed. Just another money maker for certain people without regard to the planet.
Well, they will be recycled just as ICE cars are recycled, whats the difference?

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,494  
Hopefully without nuclear waste like problems.
Producing them is no less clean than ICE equipment to produce and run.... and another country that is significantly better at producing pollution controls the bulk of production and resources.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,495  
A lot of stores that we remodel don’t have the capacity for the chargers and have to rely on the single phase level 1 chargers that you plug in a standard outlet. Some of the inner city grids don’t have the capacity for everyone to have a EV.
I am of the mindset of keep all options open whether if it’s for utilities for your house or car. As this latest supply chain has taught us it’s better to have more than one supplier option. I’m of course all methods of energy production should be done in the safest/cleanest/most efficient method possible.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,496  
The 120 volt Level 1 charging at work is a functional option because in 8 hours we can add 48 miles of range.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,500  
Standardized parts? (batteries) Maybe they learned something from Eli Whitney and Henry Ford, after all!
Many good ideas age well :cool:.

Portable and drop-in/immediately useful.... Those characteristics are two of the reasons I like gasoline...

Rgds, D.

Status
Not open for further replies.