Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,611  
In Norway the average is 450kg waste pr person pr year, did not find numbers for the US, and it's recycled, some of the plastic will be burned for energy as that is the most valuable use of unclean plastic waste. We pay good money for this service so it's not easy to fool people as many is watching how public spendings are done. It's also controlled by the central government.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,612  
I read in an econ book years and years ago that said whenever presented with a paridyme change, companies with the established "old school" culture will not survive.

Think of IBM, ATT, GE, .......

they been around for years but it took a "new" way of thinking to achieve.......

Google, Apple, Amazon, blah blah blah

Can't teach old dogs new tricks plus....the old dogs got way too much to lose to be innovative.

Same thing for public education but.....we all know why it survives!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,613  
yea but......

I have lived in 2 communities that required similar separation of garbage.

Both local governments were caught dumping the separated stuff in the general land fill.

In one town they said they do it because it makes people feel better about themselves. Brave New World?

In the other they said it was much cheaper just to dump it.

Reality.
So, I'd be one of only a very few consumers over here wanting to know the Recycling Story on EVs before buying one ?

(JK, rhetorical. Totally agree, here, and I knew that ^ already).

GreenWashing often refers to the front-end Marketing, but you've hit on the back-end faux Consumer Guilt Play, over Here.

Rgds, D.

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,614  
In Norway the average is 450kg waste pr person pr year, did not find numbers for the US, and it's recycled, some of the plastic will be burned for energy as that is the most valuable use of unclean plastic waste. We pay good money for this service so it's not easy to fool people as many is watching how public spendings are done. It's also controlled by the central government.
Depending on the Euro country, at the top, Who is Sleeping with Who ? at best, gets a shoulder-shrug.

No system is perfect, but often social issues are more prioritized over your way, than that ^ type of Noise/Smokescreen.

Contrast/compare..... closer to thread topic..... I've been meaning to spend some time looking at how EVs are doing in Germany, but won't today if I'm going to get any chores done here......

Rgds, D.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,615  
I've never been to Norway but i've been close.

I wish i could live a while longer to see what happens to the scandinavian social welfare system as time goes by.

I watch a pbs show called rick steve's, it's a travel show mostly about europe. He goes everywhere ive been so it's fun. He is a great believer in the scandinavian approach to just about everything plus.......has a good looking cousin in Norway. He's from Seattle? Clueless when it comes to human nature.

i was always under the impression that the scandinavian countries had a very cohesive and homogeneous population. Like Japan. The US truly is a melting pot. Different people, different values.

With the EU and open boarders I guess you must be seeing an influx of "non scandinavia" folks with different values?

It will be interesting to see how the cultures blend and the affect these changes will have on the social welfare system.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,616  
So fare in Norway the immigration has issued, not particularly unexpected but if you look at the oldest immigration groups from Pakistan it seems to work well, the younger generation seems to adapt and a lot of them takes higher education, lawyer, doctors and engineering is very popular and as always a few falls in to antisocial behaviour. Norway are not much of a melting pot except you have to melt down an become quite close to the native population. One problem we have is very few jobs for unskilled labor, that hurt integration of new immigrants and refugees as work is the best way to learn.

And there are friction around religion, here religion is a very private thing if you belive it's not expected that it shows in cloths and behaviour, that is very strange for a lot of foreigners.

And the welfare state is very tough, unless you are disabled or have bad healt its not much you get.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,617  
If we are talkin EU immigration then Poland is the most visible group, not by look but you meet them everywhere in all kinds of jobs, other Scandinavians is not considered immigration as we have had open borders and a common work market sins maybe right after ww2.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,619  
^^^^
As I mentioned a couple of days ago, these make a lot more sense than an industrial scale wind complex on what was once farm or wildlands. (A farm is someplace producing produce or livestock, electricity is neither of the above.)

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,620  
I can imagine all those large farm outbuildings being covered with solar panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.