Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,691  
The new Tesla building down the road, photo taken today. 1/2 of the building.
IMG_0479.JPG

To see the other half of the building go to 10:58 on this drone YouTube also taken today.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,692  
Some of the new features such as AC and CC are luxuries I've come to enjoy. I can do without things like ABS and traction control; their only purpose is to compensate for people's unwillingness or inability to learn how to drive. Today I threw out front spoilers from 3 pickups... my Colorado, plus my previous and current company trucks. Something about having that hanging 4 inches from the ground doesn't add to their longevity...

Pickups used to have exceptional visibility. Now, with airbags all over the place there are blind spots just where you don't want them; especially right behind the passenger seat.

I used to disable the ABS in my personal truck, until I realized that I would be liable if somebody pulled out in front of me. I had that revelation just after somebody looked me in the eye and pulled out in front of me... if the ABS had been enabled I would have T-boned him in the driver's door.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#5,693  
Nuclear Power Won’t Save the World. It Won’t Even Help.

Nuclear power and the ICE are part of the past just because they cost more than the value they add to the human race. We old men often love our past even if it harms our young.

A few of us here have farm roots and knows what FFA stands for. Its Creed talks about better Days through better Ways. It's Time we stop being Anti FFA.

Last edited:
#5,694  

Some seem to think EVs require lithium batteries. Elon Musk is currently using lithium ion batteries in his EVs because they were easy to grab, work fine and last a long time.

Toyota's hydrogen approach until recently wasn't easy to distribute but a you will hear is a work in progress.

#5,695  
Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,697  
^^ Interesting
Often real break-throughs come from other disciplines applied to a different area.

Solid Hydrogen.... the Semiconductor world is one that could do this in volume and at relatively low cost.

And..... I also like that they appear to have nailed the Recycling tech, from the get-go.

Rgds, D.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,698  
Well...here's some food for thought:

Chrysler produced over 1.8 million vehicles last year (2020). Chrysler's market capitalism is about $23 billion.

Ford produced over 4.2 million vehicles also last year and has a market cap of $78 billion.

GM produced 6.8 million in 2020 and market cap of $91 billion.

Here's where it gets interesting, bearing in mind all three have been around about 100 to 120 YEARS.

Lucid Motors has produced 520 vehicles (five hundred-twenty), market cap of $86 billion which exceeds Ford!

Rivian has made 42 (forty two) trucks, hoping to produce 1,200 vehicles by the end of this year! Market Cap? $129 billion, more than Chrysler and General Motors COMBINED!

Tesla has delivered 241,300 vehicles. It's market valuation? $1.1 TRILLION!!!!! This valuation exceeds Ford, Chrysler, GM, Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Caterpillar, John Deere, Kubota, (add in 50 others) combined.
This is a gross oversimplification but stocks are about what you’ll do tomorrow, not what you did yesterday. Tesla is literally building starships to take the first humans to Mars and they own IP that will dominate the future world. Ford and GM are basically buggy whip makers saddled with corrupt unions and poor management, just hoping to find a way to cheat death as it closes in on them yet again. This is no bubble, it’s simply an accurate assessment of the future each company has in front of them.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,699  
Or saying it another way you believe Chrysler, Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes, Caterpillar, Kubota, John Deere, Boeing are ALL buggy whip manufacturers while Tesla, Lucid and Rivian has great and better management who will overtake all of these corrupt unionized corporations.
Amazing...

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #5,700  
Or saying it another way you believe Chrysler, Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes, Caterpillar, Kubota, John Deere, Boeing are ALL buggy whip manufacturers while Tesla, Lucid and Rivian has great and better management who will overtake all of these corrupt unionized corporations.
Amazing...

I’ll happily go on record and say Tesla all by itself will make more profit in the next 20 years than all those companies combined. By a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.