Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #6,031  
Musk does what musk does. Last month he sold over $1 billion in stock, supposedly to fund his Mars colony project.
His money...
I like the guy...true visionary

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #6,032  
And, until that's fixed, EV vehicles and batteries will never be viable anywhere
While I might agree with you myself, most of the West doesn't.

They either don't pay attention or care, or are amongst the small group here that continue to profit from the transfer of wealth and power to PRC.

The vertical integration they've attained, and the global influence they now wield is pretty staggering, even if it's still underestimated, at least publicly.

The older I get, the more attention I pay to patterns. Going on this EV Long March will likely end with us remembering vehicles the same way we think of radios, TVs, appliances........ Things Our Parents/GrandParents Used To Make.....

There are not many things, that I'd like to be More Wrong about....

Rgds, D.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#6,033  
Might not be a problem, might not be an market for ICE in 2035 with or without politics.
I don't think some are grasping that the ICE is doomed because people are moving to EVs faster than car makers can produce them. Governments that provide health care to their peoples are struggling because of smog related sicknesses and deaths. The financial damage from operating the ICE fleets is becoming a larger liability year after year.

I grew up as a tobacco farmer that was financially supported by Federal government as most agriculture is. ICE tailpipe emissions is just another health concern being addressed like cigarette smoke that's a killer.

While the ICE is not going away for obvious reasons there is no reason all the taxis in NYC have to force the people on the sidewalks to breathe their harmful tailpipe emissions.

Tesla is working to add 20,000,000 new vehicles to the roads each and every year 9 years from New Years Day 2022. They may add 2 million more in 2022 and rebates haven't be in play for a few years.

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#6,035  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #6,038  
I don't think some are grasping that the ICE is doomed because people are moving to EVs faster than car makers can produce them. Governments that provide health care to their peoples are struggling because of smog related sicknesses and deaths. The financial damage from operating the ICE fleets is becoming a larger liability year after year.

I grew up as a tobacco farmer that was financially supported by Federal government as most agriculture is. ICE tailpipe emissions is just another health concern being addressed like cigarette smoke that's a killer.

While the ICE is not going away for obvious reasons there is no reason all the taxis in NYC have to force the people on the sidewalks to breathe their harmful tailpipe emissions.

Tesla is working to add 20,000,000 new vehicles to the roads each and every year 9 years from New Years Day 2022. They may add 2 million more in 2022 and rebates haven't be in play for a few years.
Yep. China, Russia & India care about pollution. Elon does also!
#5921 "EV production requires fossil fuel and will for perhaps centuries to come."
#5876 "My 2016 Nissan Leaf battery was cold toast in 25K miles/3.5 years."
Manufacturing millions of EVs can be accomplished by zero environmental impact, zero pollution.
Battery production causes zero pollution, as well as their disposal or recycling. Same with wind, solar, nuclear. Everything can be recycled with zero pollution. Charging EVs causes zero pollution...anywhere regardless of where/how that charging power was produced. The present electric grid is sufficient, otherwise upgrades to it has zero environmental impact and cause zero pollution. It's all so...magical.
Yep.
2021_12_04_11.05.43.jpg

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #6,039  
in 2019 there were 284.5 million ICE vehicles in the U.S.. If they start out next year at 2M and increase production by 2M every year it would be 2037 before ICE vehicles are replaced at the 2019 level. With 0 population growth and steady production increases (2M per year) I can see it being done.

Year Add Total
2021 1M
2022 3M =4M
2023 5M =9M
2024 7M =16M
2025 9M =25M
2026 11M =35M
2027 13M =48M
2028 15M =63M
2029 17M =80M
2030 19M =99M
2031 21M =120M
2032 23M =143M Half way
2033 25M =168M
2034 27M =195M
2035 29M =224M
2036 31M =255M
2037 33M =288M

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #6,040  
I just lost an antivaxxer cousin this morning. He blew a lung on a ventilator, so they shut him off. So much for the righteous.

I love this larry and california. You guys have perfectly illustrated who the righteous are not. Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.