Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,781  
Yes but you don't live in a free state. You live in a totalitarian republik.
Don't we all to some degree?

Almost nothing that starts in California stays in California...

First F150 LIGHTENING in Doctors parking lot today...

Don't not seeing the Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari or even Cadillac anymore...

It's now electrics taking over...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,782  
They are called "batteries".
See also "Tesla Powerwall".
And "genset".

Along with the all time favorite: "Utility Power Lines".
batte along the highways and no way to connect them to your ev do you have special cables and a long ladder on top of your Teslass to connect to power lines
I think not

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,784  
That won’t a thing to get your TeSilas’s moving so think a bit
Hmm, so you've never seen a joke or a electricity container. Lol. This is another joke.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,785  
I see that Colorado is going to pay people $6k at point of sale, to trade in used ICE vehicles either at least 12 years old, or that have failed an emissions test, for the purchase of a new EV. Where I live, finding anything running for $6k is almost impossible... And anyone driving that car, doesn't have the $$ for an EV regardless. Anyone trading in a 12 year old truck, for $6k? 🤔

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,786  
In California to get the payment the vehicle is required to pass the emission test because vehicles that don’t can’t be operated on the road anyway.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,787  
This feels like, those government gun buy backs... Where they offer $200 for what... A $2000 AR-15? 😂. They must be a little out of touch thinking you can touch an operable vehicle in the current inflationary environment for $6k... It's only worthwhile if you offer more than the vehicle is worth. And again, I don't know a soul driving a $6k-$10k vehicle who has the $$ to buy a new EV... Even with incentives. Their goal is to add nearly 900,000 EVs to Colorado by 2030

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,788  
This feels like, those government gun buy backs... Where they offer $200 for what... A $2000 AR-15? 😂. They must be a little out of touch thinking you can touch an operable vehicle in the current inflationary environment for $6k... It's only worthwhile if you offer more than the vehicle is worth. And again, I don't know a soul driving a $6k-$10k vehicle who has the $$ to buy a new EV... Even with incentives. Their goal is to add nearly 900,000 EVs to Colorado by 2030
Pleased to meet you. ;)

I'm driving three.

2013 Impala.
2002 Mercury Sable.
2003 Suburban.

Plenty of cash. Just don't want to spend it. Wife just bought a 2020 Subaru for $30K. That's our weddings and funerals car. ;)

Quick search shows around 400 cars for sale under $5K within 50 miles.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,789  
Pleased to meet you. ;)

I'm driving three.

2013 Impala.
2002 Mercury Sable.
2003 Suburban.

Plenty of cash. Just don't want to spend it. Wife just bought a 2020 Subaru for $30K. That's our weddings and funerals car. ;)

Quick search shows around 400 cars for sale under $5K within 50 miles.
All of my cars are older too, and yes I could pay cash for several EVs... Yet I don't... I worded that other post poorly. I don't know people driving a $6k-$10k car, who will go buy a new EV for $6k in rebate. We either CHOOSE ICE, or you have no choice but to drive a sub $10k car.

Which is why my cars are all older vehicles, which also means I wouldn't be swayed by $6k for a $4k car?? The fact that people like us, who have cash to buy several new EVs in cash, but still choose a 10-15 year old ICE... Only makes the argument worse for EVs.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10,790  
Yep… my new car is 13 year old Toyota…

Actually on bought one new car in my life and it just turned 21 this month.

California’s cash for clunkers really dried up the supply of cheap transportation vehicles…