Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,971  
When I bought my little farm house it was covered with faded green aluminum siding . When I had addition put on I had contractor remove it. Underneath was asbestos shingle on cinder block. He removed all that down to the block. My understanding is asbestos is ok if not disturbed. He ripped it all off no respirator, we stayed away those few days. I don't know if he's still living.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,972  
So, if you get your self driving privilege suspended for a week will you get a refund for the days missed? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Tesla To Suspend Autosteer On Identifying Misuse Via New Software Update: Report​

Autopilot disengages automatically if the driver does not heed the warning signs for lack of attention. On receiving five forced autopilot disengagements, the driver will henceforth be suspended from using the features for about a week.

In addition to the new suspension policy, Tesla will also make its requirements for determining driver attentiveness more strict when deploying autosteer and also when approaching traffic lights and stop signs off-highway. The warning sign text sizes will be increased and the notifications will be moved to a more prominent position in the Model 3 and Y.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,973  
Am under the impression the battery somehow failed, a scratch was found on the battery case, then the warranty was voided claiming the failure was due to an accident to be covered by insurance.

So an Iconic 5 with a dead battery. If it was drivable then no one would care if the battery case had a scratch.

I may have to watch the vid again .

I thought he said he did feel something go under the car but then finished his trip and then took it in to his local dealer eventually, just to check the car over and the car was driving fine with no warnings.
The dealer said the cover air gap to battery was different than spec, and threw out the warranty without testing anything or any out of normal readings

ps. The wife took a trip to town with me and we had a sick barn cat that needed a visit at the vet.
She really noticed the improved ride with the 18" wheels and huge sidewall 255/55 winter tires and now says maybe I could drive this car.

If she gets her hands on that heated steering wheel I am convinced she will want to drive it, but I will put it in Chill mode first.

The Y's Really are outstanding winter vehicles -of course jmo

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,976  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,977  
So, if you get your self driving privilege suspended for a week will you get a refund for the days missed? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Tesla To Suspend Autosteer On Identifying Misuse Via New Software Update: Report​

Autopilot disengages automatically if the driver does not heed the warning signs for lack of attention. On receiving five forced autopilot disengagements, the driver will henceforth be suspended from using the features for about a week.

In addition to the new suspension policy, Tesla will also make its requirements for determining driver attentiveness more strict when deploying autosteer and also when approaching traffic lights and stop signs off-highway. The warning sign text sizes will be increased and the notifications will be moved to a more prominent position in the Model 3 and Y.
Misbehave too much and it locks you inside! No escape and Elon appears on screen with stereo full blast as he gives you a well deserved verbal spanking!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,978  
Greening of Kentucky as America's coal bastion gets largest renewables plant

If we can't get this greening thing slowed down, we're going to be known as a state of Green necks instead of Rednecks.
What you will have is wholesale unemployment, loss of productive farm land and will be burdened with the disposal of hazardous waste when the panels are no longer viable. All so you can charge up your toaster at inflated rates to subsidize the panels. Glad I don't live there. We up here have at least some control over stupid projects like that.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,979  
What you will have is wholesale unemployment, loss of productive farm land and will be burdened with the disposal of hazardous waste when the panels are no longer viable. All so you can charge up your toaster at inflated rates to subsidize the panels. Glad I don't live there. We up here have at least some control over stupid projects like that.
38% solar growth pushing wind-solar dynamic duo past coal in 2024.

Hardly a whimper from coal as the change over slowly occurs as we baby boomers transfers our wealth forward.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,980  
I'll forever stick by my credo I thought of many years ago: "today's new and improved is tomorrow's junk". Throughout history mankind has been so "brilliant" try this, try that and with each newfangled thing it becomes problematic so that's discarded for something "better", only to discover that has it's own inherent problems.
I'm certainly not against progress, however, things need to be thought out first. All of these green new strategies to lower pollution by deforestation, manufacturing and massive changes only to discover later and too late that it wasn't such a good idea.
2023_12_16_23.26.32.jpg