Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,251  
I'll admit I don't remember all of the details, but I believe it was prior mismanagement that allowed Enron to happen, in the first place.
It was a mess but then Enron convinced the California Czars that they could create "managed competition". Forced utilities to sell generating facilities for less than the debt owed in their construction to Friends of Enron, and these now "independent" producers were allowed to sell power at market prices. The theory was that these "capitalists" would cut each other's throats and keep prices down. Of course Enron inserted themselves in the middle and took a percentage.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,253  
Gale thinking back on all the accidents that you or your family have had is there any that the Tesla FSD would have prevented. In other words there are some accident that if you drive defensively you can prevent and then there are some accidents like my last one standing still at a red light and hit from behind that FSD would not have made a difference. I'm sure you do not think all accidents are preventable what % would you say would be prevented by FSD?
I want to be in the safest car that I can afford and today that is a Tesla model Y. When the accident does happen that comes out of the blue like a plane drops out of the sky and Nose dive right on top of your glass roof.

FSD is defense driving on steroids!

Take a 2000 mile cross country trip today in a vehicle without cruise control and tell me how that feels to you.

In 2019, when I emphatically realize that the EVs were going to displace ICE is when I bought my 2016 Leaf with the dying battery so I could get some experience with EV problems.

Going through downtown Little Rock and not having to figure out which lane to get in or how get to the supercharger automatically is like cruise control in my mind.

Being a self thinker mandates are a non issue because they can ALWAYS be turn into assets for success. That is why I have no interest in politics because over the long term who's in the office today or tomorrow makes no real difference based on our constitution so I give zero attention to the process.

I do wish the politicians would stay out of the EV issue but that's not going to happen because that's how they buy votes by passing out other people's money as in the recent strikes agitated by the supreme leader in our country.

This is not an ice versus EV debate thread because that decision was decided years ago. So we're just going to ride our way into the Eevee world regardless how bumpy it gets.

I realize some want to do nothing, but I'm opposed to turning over the US automotive industry to China on a silver platter because I think it's not best for our national security or the future of our kids. I think we need to source our own critical materials that we need for the next 100 years. EVs are only temporary stepping stones to the future. The coming changes will be totally mind boggling for all men.

I go deep and long on what seems best for the future and until I get new information I will not make a new decision on EVs but since I know they're temporary stepping stone, I'm always looking for the replacement technology for ground transportation.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,254  
I've had soooo many NON-accidents I 100% guarantee FSD would have caused injury. Driving on the other side of the road, speeding, all sorts of crazy illegal maneuvers that avoided an accident but saved our hide.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,255  
I hope, before you move to the great beyond, that a joy in your life is made obsolete and pushed away from you.

Perhaps, though I doubt it, you might get some semblance of a clue as to why there is opposition to your 'driving' utopia.

You're not driving, you're being driven, stop pretending there isn't a difference.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,256  
I hope, before you move to the great beyond, that a joy in your life is made obsolete and pushed away from you.

Perhaps, though I doubt it, you might get some semblance of a clue as to why there is opposition to your 'driving' utopia.

You're not driving, you're being driven, stop pretending there isn't a difference.
And may you know the full joy of living is a free man before that day comes in your life.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,257  
I question your view of 'free,' and I heavily suspect it differs from mine.

That said, I do wish you a long and healthy life.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,258  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,260  
Nothing California does surprises me anymore. If Gavin Newsom announced he was going to clean up the major city streets of homeless camps, stop illegal migrants and arrest criminals...I'd have a stroke.