Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,261  
2024 is here and I predict a lot of interesting things will be “Said” this year.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,263  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,264  
I have an acquaintance who is forever in debt, driving the lastest and greatest... His reason... It's safer.
He just rolls over the negative equity into the next one. Over and over.

Humans can justify almost anything they want. When you want something, you want it...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,265  
Gale, I agree EV’s may be the prevalent personal vehicles in the future. That is unlikely to happen in my future unless things change dramatically. I am 73, and do not see either the technology or infrastructure being good enough within my life time.

Billons of dollars for chargers were part of the plan approved early in the term of the current administration. Not one charging station has been installed in three years. That is telling.

What happens in 100 years is of as much concern to me as your feelings about politics. What will be will be. I am more worried about what the current crop of idiots are doing than saving the planet.

I have no interest in our tax dollars funding EVs. I abhor tax credits being given to people who could afford these new "toys“. This is one reason, of many, why there is so much animosity wrt EVs.

You come across as being superior for boarding the EV bus early on. You were smart enough or lucky enough to make the right decision for you. But there are EV buyers who regret boarding that bus. You also had the financial resources to "roll the dice" and see how things worked out. If you took a bath on EV's it was not going to be life changing.

There are people who believe that in the foreseeable future ICE options are a better fit. I am one of them and for valid reasons. My distain for government interference and corruption would not preclude me from buying an EV...IF IT MADE SENSE! One solution does not work for everyone.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,266  
I have an acquaintance who is forever in debt, driving the lastest and greatest... His reason... It's safer.
He just rolls over the negative equity into the next one. Over and over.

Humans can justify almost anything they want. When you want something, you want it...
The Chevy dealer where I found my 205K mile $7600 2010 F-150 4x4 with the 10K pound tow package said it was a trade--in on a one year Camero was a hard to close deal because the lady left $27K upside down but had a great job. My last auto lien was in 1987. In my 72 years I have never had a trade-in.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,267  
I also never trade in. Always pay cash. I buy 5-7 year old vehicles, run them to 20 years of age, sell them and do it again. That said, I'll probably only own 2 more vehicles before I die. My last auto loan payoff was when I was 26 years old... The year 2003.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,269  
Gale, I agree EV’s may be the prevalent personal vehicles in the future. That is unlikely to happen in my future unless things change dramatically. I am 73, and do not see either the technology or infrastructure being good enough within my life time.

Billons of dollars for chargers were part of the plan approved early in the term of the current administration. Not one charging station has been installed in three years. That is telling.

What happens in 100 years is of as much concern to me as your feelings about politics. What will be will be. I am more worried about what the current crop of idiots are doing than saving the planet.

I have no interest in our tax dollars funding EVs. I abhor tax credits being given to people who could afford these new "toys“. This is one reason, of many, why there is so much animosity wrt EVs.

You come across as being superior for boarding the EV bus early on. You were smart enough or lucky enough to make the right decision for you. But there are EV buyers who regret boarding that bus. You also had the financial resources to "roll the dice" and see how things worked out. If you took a bath on EV's it was not going to be life changing.

There are people who believe that in the foreseeable future ICE options are a better fit. I am one of them and for valid reasons. My distain for government interference and corruption would not preclude me from buying an EV...IF IT MADE SENSE! One solution does not work for everyone.
I find the Universe has no unknowable secrets and She will share her knowledge freely if asked.

Studying her past history is the best way to get lucky that I have found.

The Navy showed me the advantage of going to college so when I got out of Navy in 1977 I moved out west to Abilene Texas and got started in college where I learned west Texas was once a sea bed so climate change is a reality.

One is a sucker if he thinks EVs are going to reverse the current global warming trend. I am rooting for the south pole ice to melt so I can see the pyramids under it. 🙂.

Letting what men say upset or stress you is just a setup to get cancer, heart attacks and strokes.

Try to listen to what the Universe is trying to tell you about the future instead of man.

Currently we own two EVs because it just makes dollars and cents in my case. I like gassing up out of an AC outlet at home

To each his own.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,270  
This is about FSD version 12 being rolled out to 15,000 Tesla employees and it's problem dealing with precipitation.