Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,621  
1704929551090.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,623  
The green road charger while you drive addition is only 1.2 miles and cost 2.4 million. How much can you charge your vehicle going 70 mph or 1 minute on the road?

Or do you go real slow 2mph and stay on the charger road for 30 minutes?

Before you can use it you need to install a moveable arm under your EV that connects to the rail in the road.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,624  
The green road charger while you drive addition is only 1.2 miles and cost 2.4 million. How much can you charge your vehicle going 70 mph or 1 minute on the road?
And how much does it cost to retrofit the vehicle?

How much mass does the retrofit add?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,625  
I dont have a clue, as I would NEVER own an electric vehicle...
Diesel is much better!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,626  
And how much does it cost to retrofit the vehicle?

How much mass does the retrofit add?
$3,500 retrofit is what I read. And up to 20 kW at 65 mph.
"Eventually, induction charging is expected to be built into the roadways so that owners can charge their EVs continuously as they go. It will work similarly to regular wireless charging and is expected to operate smoothly at speeds up to 65 mph, allowing EV owners to drive long distances without having to stop for a charge or risk running out of power."
I don't believe we'll personally ever buy an EV, but although costly for roads it would solve so many problems.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,627  
$3,500 retrofit is what I read. And up to 20 kW at 65 mph.
"Eventually, induction charging is expected to be built into the roadways so that owners can charge their EVs continuously as they go. It will work similarly to regular wireless charging and is expected to operate smoothly at speeds up to 65 mph, allowing EV owners to drive long distances without having to stop for a charge or risk running out of power."
I don't believe we'll personally ever buy an EV, but although costly for roads it would solve so many problems.
20 kW is less than my Model S consumed at 70 MPH.

This road is a government boondoggle.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,628  

Or do you go real slow 2mph and stay on the charger road for 30 minutes?

Before you can use it you need to install a moveable arm under your EV that connects to the rail in the road.
Just for kicks... no charging included...

Florida Department of Transportation estimates prices range from $2.5 million per mile for new construction of a rural road to $4.3 million for an urban arterial 2-lane road with bike lanes. The estimated cost of a new 6-lane Interstate Urban Highway would be $14.3 million per mile.Feb 24, 2023

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,629  
Just for kicks... no charging included...

Florida Department of Transportation estimates prices range from $2.5 million per mile for new construction of a rural road to $4.3 million for an urban arterial 2-lane road with bike lanes. The estimated cost of a new 6-lane Interstate Urban Highway would be $14.3 million per mile.Feb 24, 2023
When we're over $34,000,000,000,000 in debt, increasing by about a $million every 20 seconds...$3M to $14M per mile is peanuts.