Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,602  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,603  
On this forum I believe I am perceived as an EV hater.
On another forum I am perceived as an EV lover.

it seems trying to be “fair and balanced“ is next to impossible in the new world order.
I have the same problem, and it's probably why I like so many of your posts, Don.

In similar fashion, many here might say I lean a bit left, but I'm routinely treated as a right wing hard-liner on other forums. There's so little tolerance for "middle of the road", anymore.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,604  

This is a 15-minute blip about the new Ford adapter so their customers can charge at Tesla superchargers.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,606  
Been the norm here for sometime.

Costco wanted to include fuel at one of there locations and the city refused to budge.

Directly across the street is in another city... Costco made the deal and city leaders say we don't benefit from the warehouse but the gas station sure sells a lot of gas and generated healthy revenue...

More and more are seeking to reduce stations often coinciding with bans already passed to phase out ICE sales.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,607  
Apple said they will abandon their years long program to create an EV.
Solectrac, the first real electric tractor producer, is now out of business after being promoted on two major tractor YT channels. Leaving buyers with orphaned equipment.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,608  
I have the same problem, and it's probably why I like so many of your posts, Don.

In similar fashion, many here might say I lean a bit left, but I'm routinely treated as a right wing hard-liner on other forums. There's so little tolerance for "middle of the road", anymore.
That lack of tolerance is ripping our country apart. But that is what "they" want. I cannot say who "they" are because it will offend the snowflakes we have lurking here.

EVs have been used as another way to do that. Selective tax credits that encourage division, unproven "science" wrt to climate change to justify controlling others, politicians getting rich from it, etc etc.

I am a conservative, but that does not make me against EVs. I am smart enough to understand EVs will not work for 100% of the people 100% of the time in my lifetime. At 73, I will be dead when that happens in 2050...or whatever the new "magic date" is for banning ICE.

Americans, in general, are not only poorly educated, but sheep growing ever more dependent on the government. If the government is pushing EVs, that is a red flag that needs to be evaluated and understood.

Proposing EVs as the only vehicles we should be allowed to purchase by some "magic date" is not only wrong but stupid. Yet people buy into it. I suppose this should go in the thread "Signs we are not going to make it".

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,609  
I'd like an EV. We may actually buy one in the next few years, or a PHEV. We just returned from a 600 mile round trip, and I fueled twice. The PHEV would run on electric alone most days for my wife, but also get better economy on a 600 mile drive than my current ICE which sat at about 33mpg. I want something a little more versatile than an EV for those trips, but that also achieves better mileage than ICE alone. Between pumping gas and pissing, each fuel stop was about 10 minutes after I arrived at the station. I'm intrigued by the technology... But for me the $$$ has to pencil out. If over 10 years, including opportunity cost, the EV or PHEV can break even I'm game. If not, I really have no desire.

I also keep hearing that as the tech develops the cars will get cheaper. But, ICE vehicles have been around a very long time, and they run $50k to $100k.... If that were true, they would be about $10k 😂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,610  
I'd like an EV. We may actually buy one in the next few years, or a PHEV. We just returned from a 600 mile round trip, and I fueled twice. The PHEV would run on electric alone most days for my wife, but also get better economy on a 600 mile drive than my current ICE which sat at about 33mpg. I want something a little more versatile than an EV for those trips, but that also achieves better mileage than ICE alone. Between pumping gas and pissing, each fuel stop was about 10 minutes after I arrived at the station. I'm intrigued by the technology... But for me the $$$ has to pencil out. If over 10 years, including opportunity cost, the EV or PHEV can break even I'm game. If not, I really have no desire.

I also keep hearing that as the tech develops the cars will get cheaper. But, ICE vehicles have been around a very long time, and they run $50k to $100k.... If that were true, they would be about $10k 😂
EVs will get better and cheaper as time marches on. Look at the cordless drills of 30 years ago and today.

If some numbskull had mandated only cordless drills were to be available after 1990 there would have been the same reaction we get from mandating only EVs after 20xx. Let the market drive itself.