Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,961  

When States ban the sale of ICE the EVs will be a target for frustrated people who can not or do not want an EV. Vandalism, Road rage, etc . . . They need to make all EVs bullet proof. There is no way I would be driving an EV The year ICE Vehicles are banned.
I know some of those states are losing people because they are turning into **** holes. They are run by dimocrates…so no surprise.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,963  
How do you make a product successful? Ban the competition.
That fuels the hate

But, let’s say they ban ICE sales in those states. It is likely new car sales in those states will drop 50% or more.

How many people will be impacted? Most dealerships could not sustain operations.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,964  
How do you make a product successful? Ban the competition.
Yep exactly......and they are doing it by using " Heavy Handed Government Regulation " ........when the Model T was replacing the horse......they didn't need to have all the horses slaughtered....instead they did it by providing a good economical product, and let the market decide.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,965  

When States ban the sale of ICE the EVs will be a target for frustrated people who can not or do not want an EV. Vandalism, Road rage, etc . . . They need to make all EVs bullet proof. There is no way I would be driving an EV The year ICE Vehicles are banned.
Ban the sale of new gasoline (diesel gets a pass?) automobiles by 2035? The Little Men pushing this will be living the life of luxury on government pensions by then. Someone else will have to implement and take the punishment. Little Men are cowards, the date will be pushed into the future again and again and again until it never happens.

It will happen in a few places and the fallout will prevent it from happening elsewhere. Those states will suffer economically.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,966  
Here is part of the article on the status of states banning the sale of ICE vehicles. I would imagine if dealers cannot sell new ICE vehicles in these 9 states after 2035, then they won't survive for long. You will still be able to go out of state to buy your new ICE vehicle and operate it in one of these states. But locations for warranty work will be few and far between and backed up on work.

Nine states plan to ban gas-powered car sales by 2035

The Advanced Clean Cars II rules originated in California with the state Air Resources Board. The regulations in California look to phase out the sale of new gas vehicles beginning with the 2026 model year, scaling back over time until 2035 – when a total ban on the sales will go into effect.

Since the rules were first adopted in California in 2022, eight other states have followed suit, with several others considering the plan.

So far, the other states that have implemented the plan to hit the goal of selling zero new gas-powered vehicles by 2035 include Washington, Oregon, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Delaware and Maryland.

US map with highlighted states that are planning to ban gas-powered cars

Nine states have undertaken a plan to scale back the sales of new gas-powered vehicles over the next decade, with the goal of completely eliminating the sales by 2035. (Fox News / Fox News) The rules do not stop residents in these states from owning or using gas-powered cars, nor do they force consumers to buy electric vehicles (EVs). Dealerships can still sell used cars powered by gas, and consumers in these states can purchase the gas-powered vehicles in other states – as long as they meet certain emissions standards.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,967  
Some choose to live in fear of one or more bugger men.

I pay taxes and tags on 8 passenger vehicles, 6 ICE and 2 EV.

By 2036 only the wealthy will be able to afford new ICE vehicles. $15K-$30K new EVs will rule the day.

The moved to EVS will be based on financial common sense.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,968  

By 2036 only the wealthy will be able to afford new ICE vehicles. $15K-$30K new EVs will rule the day.

Your predictions are so far out, most of us will be dead or forgot you made them by the time the year arrives. Tell us something relevant like how Tesla will do in 2024. Your predictions remind me of climate change zealots like AL Gore or Greta Thunberg.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,969  
Making predictions or legislation that will outlive ones self... is very convenient. Every administration enacts some BS legislation it will never have to see through. Also, its hardly a boogeyman when they have enacted legislation already. We aren't presuming they will, they have. It's sort of like saying "we aren't coming for your guns" but we have already enacted bans on them... 🤔
Hey, no worries, we just want the right to be married... 10 years later a federal government encourages genital mutilation of children as a RIGHT.
I feel like some folks in this thread should be old enough to remember how federal power works. Or we are too old and have lost some of our faculties

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,970  

And why is that? Because the government forced them out existence. Fools. All of them are fools.

No it won’t. It’ll be at the risk of punishment & penalties by an oppressive government. You know damn well EV subsidies will be what makes them cheaper.

Freedom is gone this once great country. Our great veterans died in battles for this marxist bullsh__?
They are rolling in their graves.

Last edited: