Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,571  
I wouldn’t trust 2022 vs 2021 sales comparisons due to the “supply shortage”.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,572  
I wouldn’t trust 2022 vs 2021 sales comparisons due to the “supply shortage”.

With the chart I was not comparing 2021 with 2022 but questioning the other post that put Tesla in second place as the most number of new car sales in California. Comparing the numbers, 2nd quarter 2022, of the 118,700 Teslas sold in the U.S. 90,895 sold in California. That would leave 27,895 sold in the rest of the 49 states. Does that mean that on the average there were 569 Tesla vehicles sold in each of the other states? Where is a state by state sales info on Tesla or is this cherry picking news reporting again to push the green agenda?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,573  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,574  
With the chart I was not comparing 2021 with 2022 but questioning the other post that put Tesla in second place as the most number of new car sales in California. Comparing the numbers, 2nd quarter 2022, of the 118,700 Teslas sold in the U.S. 90,895 sold in California. That would leave 27,895 sold in the rest of the 49 states. Does that mean that on the average there were 569 Tesla vehicles sold in each of the other states? Where is a state by state sales info on Tesla or is this cherry picking news reporting again to push the green agenda?

Probably.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,575  
The article on california is an article on california. I don't think it is used to "push any agenda." It is an article on tesla sales in california. why does it have to be anything else?

There probably IS state by state sales numbers of Teslas. I just did not look that up; I happened to see the CA article. I would guess it is indeed just as you say that the numbers are low for other states. Overall Tesla produces relatively few cars compared to other Major makers.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,576  
FALSE!

Here's a link to the original article. Please investigate this stuff before reposting it. Thanks.

Ok...this is better...and calm down!
2022_08_06_21.25.33.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,577  
I like this post
This may change if Tesla ever gets its first competitor that can make and sell EVs at a profit. We are still in the $1000 microwave generation when it comes to EV technology and prices.

Our first microwave was huge, and we bought from an electronics outlet on the west coast for the unbelievably low price of $260. Of they later became smaller, better, and cheaper. I look forward to the day when EVs are the equivalent of a $200 microwave so I can buy one.

I don't begrudge progress.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,578  
I am concerned that once they get everybody converted over it will cost just as much to charge your tractor than it does to fill it with diesel.
Field tractors will not run on batteries. They really do use an extension cord - no joke. I think the theory is that farmers will bury electrical power and space access points around the field like they currently do with irrigation mainlines. I have visions of a half trained worker running a subsoiler...oh, wait. They are supposed to be GPS operated, so it's up to a computer program. Doesn't that just fill you with confidence?

Utility tractors that only run for a few hours a day at half throttle will do fine on batteries, but if you want 300 hp. through an 18 hour day, an extension cord is a better choice.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,579  
I like this post

Our first microwave was huge, and we bought from an electronics outlet on the west coast for the unbelievably low price of $260. Of they later became smaller, better, and cheaper. I look forward to the day when EVs are the equivalent of a $200 microwave so I can buy one.

I don't begrudge progress.
We just upgraded to a new microwave several months ago from our 1985 Goldstar we got for our wedding. Cook button. Defrost button. Timer dial. They end.

I liked the analogy as well. Similar with color TVs.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,580  
This may change if Tesla ever gets its first competitor that can make and sell EVs at a profit. We are still in the $1000 microwave generation when it comes to EV technology and prices.]/b]

Unless or until they come up with better/less expensive battery technology...A much better analogy would be the current (NPI) battery tech. compared to $800 Beta Max video players...!