Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,711  
people only stop flying for two reasons. Pandemics and personal finances.

People like to complain and say they will never fly ABC airline again…. but, they always do.

NOT!

In my younger years I flew all over the world. Used to be easy and quick. Not any more. It is a major hassle as far as I'm concerned, and I refuse to put up with the crap. Haven't been on an airplane in several years. Much easier to just drive. I live in Nevada but grew up in Pennsylvania; when I want to visit Pennsylvania these days I just jump in my pickup and go. About 5800 miles round trip.

Pandemics and personal finances have nothing to do with it in my case.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,712  
NOT!

In my younger years I flew all over the world. Used to be easy and quick. Not any more. It is a major hassle as far as I'm concerned, and I refuse to put up with the crap. Much easier to just drive. I live in Nevada but grew up in Pennsylvania; when I want to visit Pennsylvania these days I just jump in my pickup and go. About 5800 miles round trip.

Pandemics and personal finances have nothing to do with it in my case.
Not in yours, but flights don’t go from full, to 9 passengers because of people like you. 20 years doing this daily, and I can tell you, the pinch is coming

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,713  
Got the Model Y home tonight and just got the horses fed. The car is awesome. It may not take a rocket scientist to build an EV but it sure seems to help. Got it to a Super Charger and that was a positive experience. Tomorrow I will check it out after I get some sleep.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,714  
Got the Model Y home tonight and just got the horses fed. The car is awesome. It may not take a rocket scientist to build an EV but it sure seems to help. Got it to a Super Charger and that was a positive experience. Tomorrow I will check it out after I get some sleep.
Cool! Can't wait to see it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,717  
A former coworker was in a head-on years ago. She was in a Toyota or something, the other driver was in a big boat of some kind. (Lincoln or Cadillac). She never saw him; one second she was driving down the road, the next thing she knew there was gas everywhere and they were cutting her out of the car. The officer told her the only thing which saved her was that the battery exploded on impact, so there was no spark to set it off.
Good thing her exhaust headers were not hot!
I don't believe the tale of the battery.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,718  
Pics, or it didn't happen!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,719  
I'm surprised you still have 94% but that's awesome,!
You have been reading too much internet basement fantasy. I have 248 miles of the original 265 but only try charging to the max every year or so.

Usually don't bump it from 200 miles (thats what it does when I set it to 80% although 80% is really 198) to make a 135 mile trip to TN but another destination is 150 miles so I bump the charge to 220 the night before.

If you haven't been tracking my posts, while I have the original traction battery the drive unit was replaced just short of 8 years due to a design defect that got a lot of press coverage in 2014. A steel ball bearing apparently had a lot of eddy currents flowing from motor shaft to motor cases, and didn't last long. Noisy. Tesla didn't recall, just offered a "goodwill warranty if it fails."

The other thing is the 12V battery which powers all the accessories and boots the computers which control the drive unit and traction battery. Am on my 3rd. They last about 3.5 years. It is a deep cell discharge AGM.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,720  
How can you sleep with a new Model Y outside!

Go sleep in your new car!