Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,722  
Good thing her exhaust headers were not hot!
I don't believe the tale of the battery.
That's what she was told. The fuel tank was in back, so the gas probably didn't get as far as the engine.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,723  
1000000034.jpg

This uploading tool is cool. This was Friday noon the 20th of January the 2023 which was pick up day 6 days after I ordered it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,725  
When I ordered in 2013 the "blue" was almost black. I too think I would have ordered Gale's blue had it been available. My Multi-Coat Red is a darker red than I would like but there wasn't really a 2nd choice that I liked.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,727  
Gale, did you get an Austin Y with 4680 battery or Fremont with 2170?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,728  
Thanks everyone. I did not realize how far along Tesla was with full self-driving. I do not have full self-driving beta but cars since 2018 have a version of the full self-driving hardware.

It rides much better than the one that I test drove a year and a half or two years ago.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,729  
Gale, did you get an Austin Y with 4680 battery or Fremont with 2170?
The long range only comes with 2170s today. They have one available with the 4680 that's has about 50 mi less of range and they may be fine but I'm going to stick with what they're running the semis on right now 🙂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,730  
When I ordered in 2013 the "blue" was almost black. I too think I would have ordered Gale's blue had it been available. My Multi-Coat Red is a darker red than I would like but there wasn't really a 2nd choice that I liked.
I love this metallic blue but actually the new red which is a very deep red but very metallic. Very beautiful but it's a $2,000 option. More of the blue was $1,000 option so and we only have $2,000 to play with and to keep from kicking ourselves out of the 7500 rebate. So I went with the blue and the receiver hitch tow package and software.

I guess it was to be expected but I was surprised when an identical model y pulled up beside me today at Murray and had Tennessee plates but Tennessee is on the 8 mi away from Murray, Kentucky.