Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,641  
Hopefully this beta will be pushed to all 400K FSD customers in the next couple months. Being able to read it mind as to future moves is a confidant builder.

Gale
interview with an AI expert it is a long show, lots of back and forth ... but interesting

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,642  
Gale
interview with an AI expert it is a long show, lots of back and forth ... but interesting

Thanks for the link. James does know his stuff and I'm glad to learn some more about the upcoming release. On my midnight coffee run I decide to test my bank to see if they had any cash in there teller and so I used the auto steer and it was a path I hadn't taken before but I like the path that it selected but with autosteer it doesn't do any navigation at intersections etc. But anyway it was it was on on target. Oh by the way, they did have cash at the teller at midnight. :) One can never be sure in these times :(

I hope I get my mobile charging set this week that I ordered. I guess it was yesterday. Based on what grumpy cat was saying, I think it might be limited to 32 amp, which is my dream since my outlet is on a 40 amp breaker. Currently I have to limit the charging in the car but if that plug does limit to 32 Max I'll be good to go.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,643  
Gale

That the most advanced FSD podcast I have ever watched. Based on this information I expect I will keep renewing my FSD subscription going forward to help with gathering FSD data in a non Tesla area.

I can see one robo taxis displacing 5 ICE privately owned vehicles in time and kids never bothering to learn to drive.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,644  
That the most advanced FSD podcast I have ever watched. Based on this information I expect I will keep renewing my FSD subscription going forward to help with gathering FSD data in a non Tesla area.

I can see one robo taxis displacing 5 ICE privately owned vehicles in time and kids never bothering to learn to drive.
In the Long run I agree for big cities.

Many young city kids these days have little interest in Cars like our generation.
It is possible they will just use robo taxis to get around town. Again thinking a few years away.
No need to own a car or multiple vehicles, car insurance what's that , learning to drive and going through driver safety classes... No need for that either.

Just Not sure that is a Good idea though.?

"Now You know" had an excellent Vid about a possible future for Robo Tesla's "In big cities" and how parking lots could be reduced and repurposed space among other things, The Taxis being utilized at a high rate and reducing overall congestion is Good as well.

That is fine with me, but I will never Live in a City and will drive myself until I can't. Blind people could benefit greatly from a perfected robo FSD.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,645  
In the Long run I agree for big cities.

Many young city kids these days have little interest in Cars like our generation.
It is possible they will just use robo taxis to get around town. Again thinking a few years away.
No need to own a car or multiple vehicles, car insurance what's that , learning to drive and going through driver safety classes... No need for that either.

Just Not sure that is a Good idea though.?

"Now You know" had an excellent Vid about a possible future for Robo Tesla's "In big cities" and how parking lots could be reduced and repurposed space among other things, The Taxis being utilized at a high rate and reducing overall congestion is Good as well.

That is fine with me, but I will never Live in a City and will drive myself until I can't. Blind people could benefit greatly from a perfected robo FSD.
Tesla robotaxis I expect will be 8 or 10 years down the road.

As a heads up when using autopilot my windshield wipers would come on and I could not get them to go off. Typically that indicates the camera has a bug or something blocking's vision.

Yesterday I ran out of washer fluid and went to the car wash to clean the windshield well because it had a film on it from the wipers running with no cleaner fluid. The night before I had picked up a gallon at Dollar General of washer fluid and I thought well let me just refill the washer reservoir which I did and tried it and it cleaned up the windshield good and I thought well I'll just take it for a test drive instead of washing it since it's cold.

Running the wipers at highway speed always left windshield washer fluid on my driver's window so I took a towel and try to clean that off and it kept coming up blue color. So I'm thinking that the initial fluid was not diluted enough. Assuming that Tesla buys it millions of gallons of it, they must buy full strength and didn't get diluted enough perhaps.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,646  
When we were out in Vegas in January, I was surprised how easy it is to use Uber. First time we did it. Took a lot of taxis, too.

I've mentioned before a friend of my mother in-law lives in downtown Chicago and hasn't owned a car in decades. She takes mass transit, uber, taxi, or rents a car occasionally. A car would be stupid for her (her words), as just parking would be $600 a month at her townhome. If she went anywhere, it'd be another $20 a day minimum. An Uber around town is usually about $20.
- No car payments.
- No insurance.
- No license plates.
- No taxes.
- No gasoline or maintenance.
- No brainer for her.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,647  
We needed wheels and gasoline to visit our friends or chat with a girl. Now they have Snapchat.

Shame, too... the last ten years has seen more affordable high performance vehicles than any time in the past, a true second golden age for the muscle car. Who could've imagined we'd have 700 HP Hellcats and 1000 HP Corvettes falling well under average annual salaries, back when we were salivating over 350 HP in the 1970's?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,648  
Tesla robotaxis I expect will be 8 or 10 years down the road.

As a heads up when using autopilot my windshield wipers would come on and I could not get them to go off. Typically that indicates the camera has a bug or something blocking's vision.

Yesterday I ran out of washer fluid and went to the car wash to clean the windshield well because it had a film on it from the wipers running with no cleaner fluid. The night before I had picked up a gallon at Dollar General of washer fluid and I thought well let me just refill the washer reservoir which I did and tried it and it cleaned up the windshield good and I thought well I'll just take it for a test drive instead of washing it since it's cold.

Running the wipers at highway speed always left windshield washer fluid on my driver's window so I took a towel and try to clean that off and it kept coming up blue color. So I'm thinking that the initial fluid was not diluted enough. Assuming that Tesla buys it millions of gallons of it, they must buy full strength and didn't get diluted enough perhaps.

Mmm that is something i will have to watch for.

The auto windshield wiper is one thing i wish they would have left on the stalk.
I mean when you need your wipers it is usually because a person already is having problems seeing clearly and Tesla's fix is to make the driver divert attention from the road and focus on a near object to the right and find a small icon to activate the function.

I May invest in the SEXY function buttons but Not sure if they work with the newest model Y's and there even appears to be a difference between interface on Model Ys produced at Giga Texas and Fremont builds.

Another update:

I May have my MYP by Friday Night if all Goes Well.

Contacted an SA and was able to Confirm My Car made it to our service center in Washington. Yippy! :)

Have a pick up scheduled for Friday afternoon after asking the SA to move it up and her making the change.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,649  
Thanks for that detailed Eyesight review. Since today there are not enough EVs to go around it's good to know there fine used cars with the features.

While Tesla's Auto Pilot/FSD doesn't wander it needs driver attention so I pull it to the right or left depending on which hand I am using.
Found out something last night about wife's Subaru. When you put it in reverse, the right rearview mirror automatically tilts down so you can see the lower corner of the car. Put it in drive, and it goes back to side view.

The pouch in the glovebox with all the manuals is an honest 2.5-3" thick!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,650  
Mmm that is something i will have to watch for.

The auto windshield wiper is one thing i wish they would have left on the stalk.
I mean when you need your wipers it is usually because a person already is having problems seeing clearly and Tesla's fix is to make the driver divert attention from the road and focus on a near object to the right and find a small icon to activate the function.

I May invest in the SEXY function buttons but Not sure if they work with the newest model Y's and there even appears to be a difference between interface on Model Ys produced at Giga Texas and Fremont builds.

Another update:

I May have my MYP by Friday Night if all Goes Well.

Contacted an SA and was able to Confirm My Car made it to our service center in Washington. Yippy! :)

Have a pick up scheduled for Friday afternoon after asking the SA to move it up and her making the change.
I don't use icons on the 15" display when driving because I can't reach them. I use the right hand scroll on the steering wheel and use voice commands. My son is good with technology and understands my needs hence his demand I order the Model Y so he can get me up to speed before he moves 500 miles away.