Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,031  
Me too, double Yikes!

Yeah Unbelievably Bad experience.

and it isn't over yet.

His wife really opened his eyes about what could happen with one of their children had that gull wing door dropped at the wrong time.

I have heard that Tesla has shifted their main attention to model Y production... but that is Absolutely No excuse to half a-- their most expensive Flagship model. If that was sold in Tesla's early days that particular car would be very valuable to them to, STILL IS and the engineering team to tear into find root causes fix and write some TSBs that would help all service centers.

Instead Tesla has dumped on a very early adopter who kept them from treading water early on and has been a loyal Patron.

I guess the buyback has been approved but some details still need resolved.

The gentleman has ordered a Rivian R1S

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,032  
I guess it's part of becoming a "real" car company. I'm sure they're going to find as their fleet ages there will be more challenges. I don't care for the impersonal support system he describes, but I'm old and set in my ways. On this forum we always talk about the importance of dealer support. Will they be adding to their network of service centers? I wouldn't buy a car if my closest service center was 100 miles away.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,034  
https://fordauthority.com/2023/05/extended-range-ford-e-transit-to-be-revealed-next-week/

I expect the E van to become the EV that shows the world the advantage of electric over fossil fuel.
I currently drive a Ford transit connect (small van) for my employer. The size is great for a handy man-type job like mine. A couple years ago, as I've mentioned in the past, I got to drive an electric van from Electric Last Mile Solutions that was planning to start up at the Mishawaka, IN Hummer commercial plant. It was very usable. I liked it for around town. I would have liked it. (don't know how it did in snow, though).

Sadly, they went belly up.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,035  
I currently drive a Ford transit connect (small van) for my employer. The size is great for a handy man-type job like mine. A couple years ago, as I've mentioned in the past, I got to drive an electric van from Electric Last Mile Solutions that was planning to start up at the Mishawaka, IN Hummer commercial plant. It was very usable. I liked it for around town. I would have liked it. (don't know how it did in snow, though).

Sadly, they went belly up.
Lots do today. My wife has a Transit Connect van. She bought on my advice because the 4 cylinder motor takes the same filters and stuff as my Focus RS so I don't have to buy varied parts. With the right tires, they are good in snow btw.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,036  
Lots do today. My wife has a Transit Connect van. She bought on my advice because the 4 cylinder motor takes the same filters and stuff as my Focus RS so I don't have to buy varied parts. With the right tires, they are good in snow btw.
Yes, I don't have problems with the Transit Connect in snow. I was wondering how the EV van would have done in snow, or how well the cabin heater would work.

One of the nice perks of the Transit Connect is the Ford Pass application. I can pick up my phone, tell the van to start up, leave my house, and when I get to work 12 minutes later, my van is warm and the snow is melted off the windows.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,037  

Cory rains the quick demis of the ICE vehicle parade.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,038  
Gale... People that predict stuff are usually wrong anyway, but then you know that.

The REAL auto experts are the consumers, not 'talking heads' so I don't bother watching that drivel anyway.

The net is loaded with talking heads expounding their 'opinions' and those opinions are just that, opinions.

Again, my comment is and always will be that until the grid is capable of supporting the additional load without failing, none of it is germane anyway.

All one has to do is look at Kalifornia this last winter and early spring, with Newsom telling owners not to charge their EV's because the grid could not handle the load.

Until that is addressed (grid), all I see is bad things happening to EV owners. That and protracted charge times at various charging stations. people don't want to sit for hours charging their EV's, not how society works today. People are always in a rush today and you know that as well.

Much easier (and quicker) to fuel an IC vehicle than ANY EV.

I'm finding the Hydrogen technology to be far more interesting that electric vehicles anyway.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9,040  

Cory rains the quick demis of the ICE vehicle parade.
Cory did not say there would be a quick demise of ICE vehicles. He said the exact opposite. And, I wish people would quit using the acronym OEM to refer to traditional automotive manufacturers. Tesla is an OEM too for goodness sake. They aren't an aftermarket manufacturer! By the way, can you tell Cory, the phrase is "couldn't care less" not "could". Lmao