Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,331  
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,332  
Fascinating to me how affordable gas/diesel was just two years ago...but now because of "big oil companies overcharging", or "supply & demand" issues, or "Russia" (or sundry of other excuses) we're now paying $double++ for fuel.
Amazing & interesting yet no one can figure it out.???

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#1,333  
If there is a point in this comment I can’t find it.

Typical inverters need a voltage and frequency to sync to.

Still trying to confirm if your actually feeding directly from your solar to your home, or if the meter is doing some magic and you are really just getting power from the grid like I mentioned in the first place. Which inverter mfg and model do you have?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,334  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#1,335  
Grid tied solar with no battery backup is one of the great mysteries of life.

I mean, what is the point.

In areas where utility rates kept climbing it eventually became more economical to pay/lease solar and sell back excess vs pay the higher rates. Thats it for the initial implementation.

Future state, I can see an opportunity to decentralize the grid overall....every house/business with solar becomes a power producer during the day (in areas with Sun). This can be leveraged to help offset other areas of the state/country that might need the excess power during the day.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,336  
It's easier to power your car with coal by using electricity than using steam power.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,337  
Conjecture...

It could also imply people bought EV's and then kept them parked and kept driving their old gas burners.

That graph only says one thing. Demand did not drop even with a high adaptation rate to EV's. I guess people like old and familiar sure things.
The graph shows that demand for gas DID drop.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,338  
The graph shows that demand for gas DID drop.
it dropped without a correlation to a direct alternative that uses no gas, therefore the drop is due to some other factor.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,339  
Fascinating to me how affordable gas/diesel was just two years ago...but now because of "big oil companies overcharging", or "supply & demand" issues, or "Russia" (or sundry of other excuses) we're now paying $double++ for fuel.
Amazing & interesting yet no one can figure it out.???
People already figured it out and the details have been posted many times. During the pandemic, there was low demand, so the price dropped. People saved tons of money during the pandemic. The economy started booming, there's record employment levels, salaries are increasing, companies can't find people fast enough and pay them high enough wages to keep them, people have money to spend, they're buying up everything as fast as it can be put on the shelves. Which reduces supply. Which increases price.

I eat lunch with several guys that constantly comment on the price of fuel that's "killing me". So I asked all of them if they've:
- modified their driving habits because of it? Nope.
- How many times did you go out to eat last week? A few.
- Did you get a raise this year? Yes, we all did.
- Have you lowered your 401K contributions? No.
- Do you use credit cards that you don't pay off monthly? No.
- Have you had to cut back on anything at all? Not really.
- Do you want government to regulate industry? No.

But you want government to do something about the price of fuel? Uh, errr.

Fuel, food, building materials, clothing, cars, you name it; as long as people keep buying things companies will keep raising prices to see how much blood they can squeeze from that turnip. It will only reverse course when people stop buying things and that hasn't happened yet.

And, even if that does happen, prices will never go back to what they were, because on average, people make more money now than they did before, so prices will only drop as low as the market conditions warrant.

Supply and demand tempered by disposable and discretionary income.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,340  
it dropped without a correlation to a direct alternative that uses no gas, therefore the drop is due to some other factor.
Here's the headline from that chart:

EVs are almost 90% of Norwegian car sales, but gasoline demand has barely budged.

That's implying a direct correlation to EV sales and gasoline demand.

It also ignores the fact that it's own chart shows gasoline sales dropping about 50% while showing the climb in EV sales.

That's implying direct correlation.