Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,551  
Also, having no EV certified maintenance/repair facilities anywhere close, if at all, really concerns me as does our lack of charging system infrastructure and our outrageous electrical per KWH costs (over $.58) last winter.
Our local Ford Dealer in a town of 541, has trained it's Techs in EV repair, and ramped up it's parts department. A town with a population of 267 just 15 miles away has installed it's first charging station. It might take longer for smaller towns than that to embrace the EV revolution.

If I focused on all the doom and gloom on this thread, I would think that EVs are destined to fizzle out. It doesn't look like the major Auto Manufacturers think that. If you don't want an EV, don't buy one. Me, I'm going to sit back and watch what happens - with interest. I expect that 2 of my 3 children will have an EV in the next 5 years. I'll see how it goes with them, but I won't begrudge them for owning one.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,552  
I believe in Free Will and have come to understand playing the blame game puts my SS payments at risk.

Perhaps we don't find leaders talented enough to be held accountable for their actions. I assume all humans are doing the best our talents permit hence no blame is justified.
When I was born Harry Truman (democrat) was president with sign on his desk "THE BUCK STOPS HERE".

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,554  
IDK -it “does” seem to be working. EV makers can’t keep up with demand.
If one is to quote me, don't segment a part out! I said "I'm not subservient to anyone forcing me into an EV by raising fuel prices...it won't work!" meaning raising fuel prices (which is the EV switching plan [I'm waiting for THAT comment]) is NOT the answer getting people to switch over to EVs!
There are too many good ICE vehicles still on the road with many years service left! Many people can't afford a new or used EV, it's impractical for them, then it at some point will need batteries, etc.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,555  
It doesn't look like the major Auto Manufacturers think that.
Without getting political which is a no no on this site, I believe the automakers are dancing to the politics tune with EV ramp up and production and that comes from a very good source as my BIL is head of Ford's transmission division here in Michigan.

Why my wife drives a Suburban...lol

They are just not ready for prime time yet, except in limited scenarios.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,556  
Our local Ford Dealer in a town of 541, has trained it's Techs in EV repair, and ramped up it's parts department. A town with a population of 267 just 15 miles away has installed it's first charging station. It might take longer for smaller towns than that to embrace the EV revolution.

If I focused on all the doom and gloom on this thread, I would think that EVs are destined to fizzle out. It doesn't look like the major Auto Manufacturers think that. If you don't want an EV, don't buy one. Me, I'm going to sit back and watch what happens - with interest. I expect that 2 of my 3 children will have an EV in the next 5 years. I'll see how it goes with them, but I won't begrudge them for owning one.
I would truly love having an EV but the high cost is not feasible for a vehicle use limited to possibly 3 or 4 months a year. Winter came the 22nd of September and ended in early May. Below zero readings for much of that.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,557  
PPPPPP - the 5 Ps in Army lingo.

Charging stations continue to be built daily. They will catch up. That is a BIG reason i started buying tesla stock. They were/are building infrastructure.

Fuel prices won’t drop for at least 2.5 more years right?

Battery tech continues to advance and get cheaper. Recycling them is currently being worked too.

High electric bills? Yes, true, but compared to gas purchases elec bill is still less for now.
Actually prices are already dropping. If the fed keeps raising interest rates and we enter recession prices will drop quickly. Jmho

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,558  
PPPPPP - the 5 Ps in Army lingo.

Charging stations continue to be built daily. They will catch up. That is a BIG reason i started buying tesla stock. They were/are building infrastructure.

Fuel prices won’t drop for at least 2.5 more years right?

Battery tech continues to advance and get cheaper. Recycling them is currently being worked too.

High electric bills? Yes, true, but compared to gas purchases elec bill is still less for now.
If you're in love with EVs...buy one (or more). That's your choice. If I chose NOT buying one, that should be my choice.
HOWEVER!
Don't raise fuel prices (by take your pick of high fuel price reasons), don't mandate that I buy one, (to my insurance company): don't raise MY insurance rates to compensate the EV owners higher rates, (to the electric company): don't raise MY electric bill to compensate the EV owners higher demand thereby requiring power upgrades, and don't raise MY taxes to pay for infrastructure EV charging stations that I'll never use.
Don't make ME pay more for something I'll have no part of. Don't force it down my throat.
Does that make sense?!?!?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,559  
Unless the manufacturers know this and have means of preventing such low temps in the motors?
So, the manufactures can alter the laws of physics eh? hahahahahahahaha

Even defense vehicles have secondary systems in extreme cold temps. EVs have nothing.

Like the one poster mentioned, its best to have a hybrid instead. I would go this route if there were not many other options left.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,560  
If one is to quote me, don't segment a part out! I said "I'm not subservient to anyone forcing me into an EV by raising fuel prices...it won't work!" meaning raising fuel prices (which is the EV switching plan [I'm waiting for THAT comment]) is NOT the answer getting people to switch over to EVs!
There are too many good ICE vehicles still on the road with many years service left! Many people can't afford a new or used EV, it's impractical for them, then it at some point will need batteries, etc.
But my previous reply still applies - it “is” working. In one sentence you say “I” then in the next you say “is NOT the answer getting “people” to switch over to EVs!”

Are you talking about u? Or other “people”? Again, it “is” working for many others…..(if u believe someone is forcing them) even if not for u.