Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,311  
Lithium Free EV battery efforts.

100 year EV batteries.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,312  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,314  
Say what?....Wouldn't the negative be called "deceleration" ??
Don't see anything about slowing in the definition:

Enroll in an engineering school and you will be set straight on the definition, meaning, and application of "acceleration" in the first few weeks or you will flunk out.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,315  
Enroll in an engineering school and you will be set straight on the definition, meaning, and application of "acceleration" in the first few weeks or you will flunk out.
Been there done that...degrees in civil engineering and architecture...
FYI...the definition is what is...!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,316  
A good ol who knows more internet battle! Love it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,317  
My query was if the word "acceleration" meant both the "positive and the negative" why the word "deceleration"...?
What should have been pointed out (and I obviously missed) in the cited definition is...in physics the broad definition is "a change in velocity" i.e., increase or decrease...
So...something that is "accelerating" can be either speeding up or slowing down ?...but something that is decelerating is only slowing ??

semantics conundrum ?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,318  
My query was if the word "acceleration" meant both the "positive and the negative" why the word "deceleration"...?
What should have been pointed out (and I obviously missed) in the cited definition is...in physics the broad definition is "a change in velocity" i.e., increase or decrease...
So...something that is "accelerating" can be either speeding up or slowing down ?...but something that is decelerating is only slowing ??

semantics conundrum ?
Have you done that Tesla test drive yet?