Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,391  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,392  

How Temperature Affects Electric Vehicle Range​

My Highlights:

We tested popular EVs from Ford, Hyundai, Tesla, and Volkswagen in cold, mild, and warm weather

Each car was tested in the exact same manner, by the same drivers, driven in a caravan on three different days: a frigid one, a mild one, and a warm one. We found that cold weather saps about 25 percent of range when cruising at 70 mph compared with the same conditions in mild weather. In the past, we found that short trips in the cold with frequent stops and the need to reheat the cabin saps 50 percent of the range.

Mustang Mach-E stood out for having the most accurate range prediction—the indicated range used vs. the actual miles driven. Its real-world range also came within 1 or 2 miles of the Model Y on every run, even though the Model Y has a higher official EPA range.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,393  
And then there is this:

I think this is a good use for EV. Enough range and recharge at night when there is less demand on the grid.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,396  

The only EV program that makes sense.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,397  

The only EV program that makes sense.
Not a toaster car person simply because of the protracted charge / wait times involved, compared to a conventional ICE vehicle but this vehicle eliminates the charge wait time and puts it right in line with a conventional filling station and you bet your butt I'd buy one in a minute.

The big turn off for me is the charge wait time on the road.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,398  
5 miles from my house….

Before you get too excited you might want to look at the EV battery follies over the years here in Michigan: A123, Dow Kokam, Johnson Controls, L.G. Chem. All of those companies were supposed to manufacturer EV batteries in Michigan and took federal and state government handouts. Three went bankrupt and none of them came anywhere close to their pie in the sky job creation projections. Now our state is giving $189 million in incentives to LG Energy to make batteries? Searching to see if LG Energy was related to LG Chem came up with this: Battery Maker LG Chem Is Back At Michigan’s State Subsidy Window

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,399  
Never said I was excited. I don’t want it here at all. They’re suggesting putting a 2,000,000 square foot battery factory over one of the best aquifers in the country.