Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,531  
@/pine has one of these setups under his hood ;)

I built some of my own cells to, Very slight MPG improvement. maybe.
Not worth what it cost to build though.

Also have a browns gas torch I have not tried yet.
Supposed to produce a flame hot enough to melt glass at over 2600* F
Flame temp of just over 5000* F

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,532  
And if Tesla sells all they can build there could be another 2 million Tesla electric vehicles on the road by January of 2024
with almost 300 million ICE cars in the US...many of them can be converted to H2 power...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,534  
If I go to town and sit in the Kum n Go or Caseys stations parking lot by the Interstate the pumps are always busy. If it takes 30 minutes to charge an EV, how many more stations would be needed?
How many of those ICE drove the full range of their tank to get there? And how many started with 1/4 tank? You wrongly image the same incentive applies to ICE and EV to stop at your "gas station".

And again, one doesn't charge an EV to full at public charging stations. When traveling to distant cities the fastest route is to charge no more than necessary to make the next fast DC charger, typically 100-125 miles in 15 minutes. To charge 250 miles will take 45 minutes.

Unlike the gas station I know the status of a Tesla Supercharger long before I get there. Appears right on my navigation system. How many charging bays and how many are in use.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,535  
I felt sorry for our local police department when they got Dodge Aspen police cars with 6 cylinder engines to save fuel. Yikes. The old saying about you can't outrun Motorola did not apply to these cars. They were dogs.
In 1978 the local Sheriff Deputies drove Chevettes. Needless to say there were no high speed pursuits.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,536  
Nope...Have L/A batteries in my EV...which is actually an EZGO...!!
Those batteries aren't cheap either, replaced the 6 on the wife's cart at a cost of over $1600. Cart gets with it now so it was worth it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,537  
There's a charging station with 2 hookups in my little County Seat town. I wonder who paid for it's installation? It's not on a business property.....
Bet is is hardly ever used. Lots of clueless people spending easy government money in the mistaken belief EVs need gas stations on every street corner. Now your street corner is staked out so no one else will build an EV charging station until that one is busy. And it won't be busy because it is not enabling EVs to drive from distant locales.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,538  
with almost 300 million ICE cars in the US...many of them can be converted to H2 power...
If it can be done, that is also Good news as well.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,539  
Whenever I read about EV charging station issues...I think about busy waiting rooms, airports, train stations etc., etc...and everyone positioning themselves to charge their phones at limited number of outlets...!

Can't imagine what it would be like around vacation destinations (like national parks etc) in the summer time...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,540  
a11a16cf2c2ba26d18dfde6eaaf003bf

Driver Tadashi Ogitsu refuels his hydrogen-powered Honda Clarity at the Iwatani filling station in San Ramon, California. Photo: San Francisco Chronicle/Getty

EXCLUSIVE | Fresh blow for hydrogen vehicles as average pump prices in California rise by a third to all-time high​

Fuel-cell cars in world's second-largest market are now more than four times as expensive to run as home-charged electric vehicles

EXCLUSIVE | Fresh blow for hydrogen vehicles as average pump prices in California rise by a third to all-time high