Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,981  
I'll forever stick by my credo I thought of many years ago: "today's new and improved is tomorrow's junk". Throughout history mankind has been so "brilliant" try this, try that and with each newfangled thing it becomes problematic so that's discarded for something "better", only to discover that has it's own inherent problems.
I'm certainly not against progress, however, things need to be thought out first. All of these green new strategies to lower pollution by deforestation, manufacturing and massive changes only to discover later and too late that it wasn't such a good idea.
View attachment 839182
Who's the first person that found out licking a frog like that can kill you?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,984  

Gas-Powered Savior: Tesla Cybertruck with Christmas Tree Gets Stuck in Snow, Is Rescued by Ford Truck​

Conventional engine to the rescue....lol
Meh. Even if true and not sensationalized (unlikely, given today's click-baity media), I'd be fine with that. My tractor has to rescue my zero turn mower from mud on occasion. It doesn't mean my tractor is a better mower.

The only truly embarrassing thing here would be that the rescue vehicle is a Ford, not the nature of its power source.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,985  
I'll forever stick by my credo I thought of many years ago: "today's new and improved is tomorrow's junk". Throughout history mankind has been so "brilliant" try this, try that and with each newfangled thing it becomes problematic so that's discarded for something "better", only to discover that has it's own inherent problems.
I'm certainly not against progress, however, things need to be thought out first. All of these green new strategies to lower pollution by deforestation, manufacturing and massive changes only to discover later and too late that it wasn't such a good idea.
View attachment 839182
Out with diesel mined diamonds!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,987  
Tesla 'Recall' Is Nothing of the Sort
The link website name says it all....full of hot air, like most of the links on this thread. But nice try to deflect from your perfect Tesla narrative. The recall is one that has to deal with the much larger big picture of impacts of driver and manufacturer and responsibilities with new technologies.....this isn't like the old world car recalls for Bronco rollovers or Pinto gas tanks , but just as serious as the deaths and accidents increased. Fortunately the NHTSA is getting involved and even other countries and even Insurance companies are realizing the slippery slope that needs rethinking to mitigate potential iresponsible use.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,988  
Meh. Even if true and not sensationalized (unlikely, given today's click-baity media), I'd be fine with that. My tractor has to rescue my zero turn mower from mud on occasion. It doesn't mean my tractor is a better mower.

The only truly embarrassing thing here would be that the rescue vehicle is a Ford, not the nature of its power source.
It is true. Lots of things get stuck, this one is pretty funny though.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #12,989  
The link website name says it all....full of hot air, like most of the links on this thread. But nice try to deflect from your perfect Tesla narrative. The recall is one that has to deal with the much larger big picture of impacts of driver and manufacturer and responsibilities with new technologies.....this isn't like the old world car recalls for Bronco rollovers or Pinto gas tanks , but just as serious as the deaths and accidents increased. Fortunately the NHTSA is getting involved and even other countries and even Insurance companies are realizing the slippery slope that needs rethinking to mitigate potential iresponsible use.
So you didn't read the article to the statistics showing Teslas have an enviable survival rate. Not a question but a statement of fact.

And ignoring the tutorial video posted on using Autopilot. How one is to keep hands on the steering wheel. That the car will nag if you do not and eventually disable Autopilot until one comes to a complete stop? On how no matter how much assistance the car provides the driver is still the driver and responsible for the vehicle. Even if Autopilot drives straight into a telephone pole it is the driver's fault.

Disclaimer: Of the 3 levels of Autopilot I have had level 0 the past 10 years, nothing but the dumb cruise control that would happily rear end a slower car ahead. These past few days my new Model Y has Level 1, the "Traffic Aware Cruise Control" which sees the car ahead and will usually slow when that vehicle (or pedestrian, or motorcycle) slows. Owner's manual says it will also slow for turns and for certain behavior from traffic adjacent.

No one today questions the need for the driver to remain alert and in control when using cruise control. But when Tesla expands the capabilities of a cruise control, calls it Autopilot, it becomes a Federal Case.