Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,181  
20231226_181542.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,182  

Why buy a Tesla

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,185  
Isn’t mining rare earth minerals bad for the environment?

It is a National Security issue.

Things like missile guidance systems ,drones, satellites rely on these minerals.

Which is why GM should have never been allowed to sell/trade the technology to China.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,186  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,187  
Amazingly no one buys an EV for it's intended "save the planet" mandate. Instead it's for medical FSD (?), save money (?), speed (?), high tech (?), etc.
I really doubt it's "either/or", but rather "yes/and". Many factors go into deciding each of my car purchases, never just one. "Saving money" is usually the last, as circumstances really need to be pretty unique and unusual to ever make the purchase of any new vehicle a money-saving endeavor.

If asked to cite just one of the many reasons a typical buyer might choose an EV, you'd be ignoring a host of secondary reasons that contributed to the decision, in the name of just one. I would expect that environment probably factors somewhere on the list of many early EV adopters, but if not named as the top reason, the data is lost in many polls.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,188  
Amazingly no one buys an EV for it's intended "save the planet" mandate. Instead it's for medical FSD (?), save money (?), speed (?), high tech (?), etc.
Many do, just look at the custom oil-hating license plates they buy.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,189  
ICE takes a crushing blow impacting over 8000 companies in their supply chain. It may impact mainly their home based sales.

Toyota new ICE investment.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #13,190